Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this
As a teacher, I know that if my school could preselect exactly which students we CHOOSE to serve, as private schools can, and if every family in my school was one that cared enough about their child's education to pay for it, as is the case in private schools, we would produce similar results. When you compare private and public schools it is apples and oranges, and it isn't fair to compare organizations which have to serve every child who comes through the door with one that can pick and choose who they serve. The outputs will inevitably be different because the inputs are different.

I have my large share of frustrations with the public education system, including the fact that I didn't spend most of my winter break planning for this semester, but instead creating NCLB documentation that will disappear into a filing cabinet forever. I would have spent that time working no matter what, I just wish I had been able to spend it on something that actually serves my students, not paperwork. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but schools and education keep coming up here.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb

Messages In This Thread
Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-11-2009, 06:19 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-11-2009, 06:47 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-12-2009, 06:02 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by csgray - 02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-16-2009, 12:43 AM
RE: Would the good people of Puna put up w/ this - by Guest - 02-16-2009, 11:38 AM