Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow
quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Rambler

Not yet, it needs to go through a long tenderizing process before it can be served.

This is a misconception. Horsemeat is naturally more tender than beef, and as the animal gets older, the meat gets more tender. [Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by noelani

I went to Nevaeh's when they first opened. Food was fabulous. I had brisket, pork and ribs. It was all EXCELLENT. Went back about an hour ago... not only did they do away with half the menu items (even the brisket!!) but the food was INEDIBLE! It's really too bad I took it home before I realized this, because I would have given it back. That's how disgusting it was. The pulled pork was not pulled pork. It was big, chopped up pieces of, what looked and tasted like a pork chop ,drizzled with a minuscule amount of BBQ sauce. The ribs were dry, and were clearly not cooked properly. The beans tasted floral... i know... weird. The only thing good was the cornbread. Even my soda was flat! Really disappointed. I spent 20 bucks and didn't eat any of it.

They really need to work out their kinks or they're not going to make it!

I know how you feel Noelani.

I understand that Danny, the original Southern Style BBQ chef, had a difference of opinion with the owner and left a while ago.

Now for the good news! He will soon be opening his Southern BBQ joint near Kalpana Cafe and Uncle Roberts

"Stop Whining! Vote with your money!"
"Vote with your money!"
Keep us posted! Three southern BBQ places in 15 mile radius? WOW!

Looking forward to trying new place, catching Smokey Jo's for on the go lunches and trying Nevah's again in a month or so!

If anyone is interested Nevaehs has their website up and running. Their site is nevaehs.com

I finally tried out Smokin' Joes and they weren't bad. However, if I am eating out I do prefer a sit down location but that's a personal preference.

Has anyone tried out the new location that Bill was talking about? If so, where is it located? I would like to give it a shot.

The new location isn't open yet - we spoke with the owner at Uncle Robert's last Wednesday night and he said he hoped to be open in the next couple of weeks.
I now remember why Punaweb has NOT been at the top of my go-to sites when I get around to getting on line...too bad there isn't a vetting process to keep people with absolutely nothing better to do than britch from posting.
I tried this place in June and did like the atmosphere but....what kind of BBQ place does NOT have beef???? I realize I lived in bbq headquarters (Texas) for most of my life so I've tried my fair share, but seriously it about blew my mind when the waitress said they didn't have beef! That said, my overpriced chicken sandwich was pretty good.

[8D]
So Pam, You have held back until you had something to complain about yourself?

Curious.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
BBQ is from N.C. not Tx. It's supposed to be pork not beef.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.