Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTA TV Channels
Agreed. No 4s. The best station for news because they are the only ones that air news on Saturday and Sunday morning.

There was no storm to knock them out too so it baffled me.
Most recent information I could find about channel 4 KITV, posted on Nov 15th:

KITV4 is having technical difficulties with our transmitter in Hilo. There is no off-air signal on Big Island for KITV, MeTV, or Hawaii TV.
Watch on (link: http://po.st/6Tc51M) po.st/6Tc51M. Hawaii TV is also available 24/7 on the KITV Roku app, Amazon Fire and Apple TV. (link: http://po.st/H052VQ) po.st/H052VQ

The live streaming appears to be for their weather and news only.

"I want great climate, we’re going to have that.” President Donald J. Trump, while viewing the massive wildfire devastation 11/17/18. (The J stands for Jenius)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
They say Island news is now "24/7" on Roku. Tried the Roku app this Sunday morning. It seems to be in a perpetual commercial loop. It a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. They don't play scheduled tv programming. Just the news. And local news is local news no matter what local channel you watch.
I sent KITV an email several days ago asking for a Hilo transmitter status update, and estimated date when they expect it will be operational. It’s a long holiday weekend though, so no reply just yet.

"I want great climate, we’re going to have that.” President Donald J. Trump, while viewing the massive wildfire devastation 11/17/18. (The J stands for Jenius)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
HOTPE can you share which email address you sent that request to?

Maybe if more and more of us do the same thing the fix could be expedited. You know, squeaky wheel and grease and all perhaps.
EW -
They don’t seem to have email addresses listed on their website, but with a little detective work I found their generic contact:

info@kitv.com

I believe it works as I didn’t get an automated no-such-email reply, but I haven’t yet heard back from someone at the station. If I get a response next week when they’re back to work after the holiday, I’ll post it in this thread.

If you hear back from them please let us know. Thanks for contacting them.
CBS channels 45.1 - 45.3 are now down along with ABC 4.1 and 4.2. Not that there's much to see on those channels anyway. And if there is something worth while....just use a roku stick.
And here I thought it was our system that sucked. Turns out it’s the TV station equipment, not mine. What a relief.
CBS channels 45.1 - 45.3 are now down

macuu222,
CBS is now broadcasting on 13.2. NBC on 13.1.
ABC, KITV is nowhere to be found, I haven’t received an answer to my email from them, and they’ve posted no updates on Twitter.

KITV also has a Facebook page, so if someone with a Facebook account checks there, please let us know if they provided any updated info on the Hilo transmitter there.

Anyone analyzing the ATSC streams on PC? I wonder if there are any interesting sub-streams.