Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Kenoi gets a what??
quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

who wants to watch a sinking ship? Just resign already and save us from the mess.

Yup, exactly, but after all this IS hawaii and I kinda have a strange feeling after all this still nothing will happen.

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX
quote:
Originally posted by mac nut

the tribune says he has a personal debit card. why not use that?

I second that!

Yeah, couldn't he have purchased his surfboard and bicycle with his debit card as well?

I am thinking he was hoping no one would care and he could get away with having the taxpayers pay for his stuff. Pretty low considering I'm sure he is getting paid well for his job as mayor. I think that the way one handles money should be a key marker on performance or what type of job that person could qualify for.

Plenty jobs nowadays require decent credit history and score. Making 130K per annum and not being able to manage ones own credit cards is tragically pathetic considering his position of authority. Kinda sheds light on a whole host of other decisions he has made.
Our mayor admitted his wrong use of this credit card, he takes Full responsibility. He was warned and yet continued using it, bad judgement on his part. Very hard to watch the video of him explaining or apologizing for this type of behavior. He looked very uncomfortable shifting from side to side, he also did not want to mention names of folks he was with at the bar, why not? If you use someone else's credit card, they may want to know why or what on? He wants to take full responsibility for several dozen times he used this credit card unjustly, yet does not feel he should resign. No mention at all about needing time with his family for possible healing due to all this embarrassment, maybe his family was with him in the evergreen bar? His ethics, morals, and values seem to have left him during these hard times in Puna, if he ever had any. My teenage sons are very disappointed in our mayor's decisions and spending habits, they feel what he did was wrong and in no way should be a leading example of our New Puna community today. He gets an F for family, he gets an F for mayor, he gets an A for being a good lawyer, he will get a pass from the mafia.
Very well said, Gypsy69!
An employee on government business can't be expected to use their own money then request reimbursement.

--------------

Ted, have you ever worked in the real world?
His travel history on the card will come up too. He got around, and stayed in some fine places. I'm wondering if there will be an ethics violation regarding the extensive travel, 5 star hotels and restaurants compliments of the taxpayer. Unlike the previous mayor who travelled very little during his 2 terms. Interesting he stays and eats in high end places then meanders down to the sleaze bars afterwards.
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

This isn't to defend Uncle Billy, but

But, you're doing a pretty good job of it. Just because other people are doing it, and haven't gotten caught doesn't give the green light for the rest of us. The rub here is, the people in the military, were not mayors of a town. I know Hilo isn't a huge town... I would think someone 'in that position' would know better? It makes the entire town look stupid. Even tho, I didn't vote for him, and I don't live in Hilo. It's just another black eye to the people that did vote for him.

There's no excuse for his actions on any level. I don't care how great of a job he was/is doing.

I would think someone 'in that position' would know better?

It would be interesting to find out if Billy had to sign anything when he was given his pCard. We all sign documents when we open a credit card account, a bank account, or get a mortgage. Wouldn't it seem logical that our elected officials would sign some kind of paper when issued their pCard, perhaps with guidelines for how the card is to be used? Or are they just handed out like candy at Halloween?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
ericlp... Billy Kenoi is Mayor of the (entire) County of Hawaii, the entire Big Island. For the moment.