Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School immunizations
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Rob,

"Tom, What's the point? Communication does not require people agree with each other."

I don't see what your point is. Of course, communications don't require people to agree with each other. If they did things would be exceptionally boring and no-one would learn anything from anyone else. We learn via disagreements and people having different views. Are you considering stopping that on PW? I simply don't understand your post. No disagreements allowed on PW?

Tom, what I’ve learned is that it’s all good unless someone disagrees with YOU.

Maybe something for you to learn here? Just sayin’...
Chas wrote:

"Tom, what I’ve learned is that it’s all good unless someone disagrees with YOU.

Maybe something for you to learn here? Just sayin’...
"

That's a ridiculous statement and if you actually read my posts you'll see that. If someone disagrees with my position that's just fine but I will argue my point. When things go sour it's almost always because those with a different opinion take things personally when they shouldn't. I will argue my point but some of those that don't like my arguments take things personally and then resort to insults or deflecting the argument rather than answering questions about their claims. EW's posts are a classic example:

EW wrote:

"Tom ("of vaunted status") has a point to target and belittle me as usual even though I'm not the only one who is posting here about reasons they might into getting the flu vaccine. Pretty childish.
Give it a rest. I'm so over it.

Now maybe you see Rob's point?
"

I can't even make sense of EW's post and he or she will not answer my questions and instead resorts to deflection. Why not try and answer my questions instead? They aren't hard.
Why not just let it go? No one is obligated to answer questions here.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I’ve seen some of your responses start with “So and so scribbled...”.

You think that’s not insulting?

I assume you’re responding to TomK.

EW is way insulting, but s/he doesn’t register to you the same way?

Except for HotPE, I think I have offended most every Punawebber, and I may be wrong about the exception. Immunizations, along with abortion, the death penalty, etc. (and RoundUp, GMO, geothermal, the non-red repaving of the red road, Burger King in Pahoa, etc, etc, etc, etc etc, in Puna on PunaWeb) are not going to be resolved by cranking in a forum.

Perhaps that is what Rob is talking about. At some point you go on record, and then let it be...

Cheers,
Kirt
Except for HotPE, I think I have offended most every Punawebber

I haven't been offended (yet), so it's still "most every" even if the exception isn't HOTPE.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Except for HotPE, I think I have offended most every Punawebber

I haven't been offended (yet), so it's still "most every" even if the exception isn't HOTPE.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Oh kalakoa, you are not worth offending!

lol,
Kirt
Oh kalakoa, you are not worth offending!

Well, now I'm offended. I guess I was asking for it.
OMG Kneift.

"EW is way insulting, but s/he doesn’t register to you the same way?"

The only times I've returned an insult is when I've been attacked. You know because you are one of the 3 people on this Puna Web I've had a problem with. You Tom and Paul. Other than that the rest of you are great. There I said it.

And I promise this is the end of this thread for me after this.

FYI Tom: I probably won't respond anymore to anything you say but for future endeavors with other webbers:

I can't even make sense of EW's post and he or she will not answer my questions and instead resorts to deflection. Why not try and answer my questions instead? They aren't hard.

When you insult and cut a person down, it makes it a non-priority for them to want to respond to your questions after the insult.
quote:
Originally posted by knieft

I assume you’re responding to TomK.

EW is way insulting, but s/he doesn’t register to you the same way?

Yes, I was responding to Tom’s statement of other people resorting to insults.

No, EW does not register to me in the same way.