Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID-19 confirmed in Hawaii: 607+ cases 16 deaths
all their numbers have a large ranges like 39k to 177k U.S. deaths currently predicted

I don't believe these predictions simply because 3.4% of 327M = a bit over 11M.
Yes, of course, ever upward in cases and deaths after the peak till it’s over. One of their graphs shows that in very plain site. Why the need to mention it in every response to peak? Durian said back to baseline in July. There was no attempt to spin the info.

Because it appeared that the two were talking about two different things? When "state leaders" say cases will continue to rise for several months, that is not about the peak of active cases, that is about the total. You know clarifying the actualy terms.

But focusing on China in this case is cherry picking in a way.
I "cherry-picked" China as they have the longest timeline with this - so it's not over in 3 months for them, there are still daily cases, and China still has restrictions on who can travel where and for what and still dealing with new infections.

A "return to baseline" is not a return to zero new cases yet for them, nor Italy, nor New York, nor anywhere else in the world. But of course it will happen here precisely in July?

I _think_ I understand you are spinning stats (a few, perhaps even several, examples over the last weeks, most of which I let be) to make it scarier for everyone so they take social distancing seriously

Prove it then. I can do stats all day and night (as it was my bread and butter for many years), so if you think I'm "Lying with Statistics", the give all the examples and show your work. Otherwise I say take your insinuations and get bent. (Apparently you really can't stand to have your beliefs questioned... have at it I guess)

I hope for the lower range. I assume you do as well.
Hopefully every one does and takes the steps needed to make them a real possibility.

(still waiting on the dozens of questions previously asked, but I guess we're just ignoring all that?)
Wow, it is going to be a long spring into summer into fall...
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Did anyone look at the updated map? It shows the majority of cases is trending toward Hilo.
Well, Obie, Hilo and Kona are both in the 6-10 range, so there could actually be more in Kona which hit that category several days ago. Not good either way, but unless and until they give exact numbers by census tract, we are splitting hairs.
Rob Tucker - Wow, it is going to be a long spring into summer into fall...

I don't think the virus has infected the fabric of space/time... guessing it'll be the same amount of time as last year?

However, probably good to take a break once and awhile - I do hear that St Kilda Beach, Australia is nice this time of year... Wink
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victo...54epl.html
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

Well, Obie, Hilo and Kona are both in the 6-10 range, so there could actually be more in Kona which hit that category several days ago. Not good either way, but unless and until they give exact numbers by census tract, we are splitting hairs.

A few days ago Hilo showed very few and now it's trending up.

I believe that they can't cut it to census tracts because of confidentiality. Zip code is probably as close as it can get.
Don't know if this map has been posted yet so here it is. https://public.tableau.com/profile/docd....Dashboard1
This chart is part of the HI DOH Daily Current Situation in Hawaii page. Probably useful to view it in the full context here:

https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdis...in-hawaii/
Visitors are still increasing to the islands. I guess as long as they can get a vacation rental for 14 days, and they still can go to the beach and still buy food at the grocery store to cook at home they will continue to come. Maybe just to get out of the cold.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/04/0...rity-says/