Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTA TV Channels
quote:
Originally posted by Shonuff

Seems like every channel but the 45s are off air, is anyone else experiencing this

They're doing a big re-shuffle of channels in Honolulu this weekend, so that might impact what you're receiving (or not) on a few channels, on a temporary basis.
T-Mobile is already turning up their 600MHz LTE in Kona and Waimea, since those old TV channels are free already on the Big Island. Let's hope for Puna soon. Should punch through the trees a lot better!
Both the PBS channels and the 45's are not working. I guess I'm not surprised considering all the wind we've been having.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

Both the PBS channels and the 45's are not working. I guess I'm not surprised considering all the wind we've been having.

What they have in common is that they're both relayed by terrestrial microwave from Maui, and both have facilities on the Mauna Loa side of the saddle. The same thing could be effecting both (like wind).
Anyone getting the OTA 45's yet? Been almost a month since the signal was lost. Also I'm not quite sure what's going on with the PBS channels 10-1 thru 10-3. We get reception in the early morning hours between 6 and 8am when they're playing children's shows. Then the signal is abruptly gone at 8am for the rest of the day and evening.(like it's being planned that way).
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

Anyone getting the OTA 45's yet? Been almost a month since the signal was lost. Also I'm not quite sure what's going on with the PBS channels 10-1 thru 10-3. We get reception in the early morning hours between 6 and 8am when they're playing children's shows. Then the signal is abruptly gone at 8am for the rest of the day and evening.(like it's being planned that way).

I haven't really watched any OTA since we got our ROKU stick and real broadband but I scanned to check this out. No 45's but the 4's go all the way through 4.5 and there is a 13.3 I didn't remember from before. So 15 channels with the 45's missing. Last I checked there were three 45's so that brings us up to 18 channels with 3 MIA.
9.2 is missing as well so....19 if they all were to come back.
Also KWHE 14.1... The religious channel is missing.
So glad to know it’s not just our funky system that’s lost the 45’s and 10’s. It’s been about a month now. They won’t even scan in, and we’reve tried everything that used to work. We can get PBS online at least.
Coincidentally, Spectrum wired our street last week. The ads say they start at 29$/month, but the cheapest plan here is almost 90$
That $29 a month is very deceptive. In very small print under it...it says "when bundled with phone and TV" and "that" is only good for the first year. If you just want internet it's $50.00 a month (plus $50.00 one time installation fee)