Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Kenoi indicted today of theft
Looks like we got some good ole boy supports here on punaweb.

Mayor Billy admitted to inappropriate use of his pcard which translates to theft. Sorry guy you can spin it however you like but theft is theft.
To say Billy's "inappropriate use of his card... translates to theft" is a pretty big stretch methinks. A perfect example of what Ted means when he said "this is... PW, where public lynching is a past time."

Yes Billy probably stepped over a line but man its a small line and the biggest thing he's guilty of is getting caught. If he hadn't and he paid whatever personal expenses were incurred back it would be nothing. Zip. It's petty, and so is all the blowing it out of proportions that has been going on in this and other threads about it. Manienie minded BS.
Kenoi is already "guilty" of his actions in the court of public opinion, and by his own admission, however, still maintains a great support system.

The argument then becomes a legal one, thus, the charges are what the AG believes can be prosecuted. As to the judges, they had to recuse themselves for obvious reasons. It has been mentioned several times here, that we live in a very small town/County/State. It is expected. Not out of fear, in my opinion, but in order to preserve the case. A mistrial would be too costly, all the way around.

Nevertheless, a judge will hear his case in July, or thereafter (more filings will dictate the timing), and he will be out of office. His law license is at stake, and he cannot accept any plea deal that would jeopardize potential future endeavors, which may include the right to practice law in the State of Hawaii.

This will be much like Frank Fasi in the old days, and the legal system is being "used" by the Democratic machine to some extent. He was allegedly/apparently considering running for Governor. Once politics is involved, all bets are off when it comes to "justice".

My sympathy lies with his family. Such a terrible end to his once promising political career.

JMO.

ETA: "political" to career. Kenoi is a fighter, and he will survive this.
You must have just smoked a fat one dakine. Harry Kim who created the pcard, barely ever used it. But Billy managed to travel all over the world first class including establishments with very expensive prostitutes and charged the hard working taxpayers of the Big Island for his extravagant lifestyle. He stayed in some fancy places in San Francisco the home of his alleged mob family. Also he travelled first class to Japan and stayed in 5 star hotels, an extreme extravagance.

I often travel first class and I am distinctly aware of the high cost, it's impossible to not be aware of the expense.

Some folk around here need to get out a bit more.
quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

You must have just smoked a fat one dakine. Harry Kim who created the pcard, barely ever used it. But Billy managed to travel all over the world first class including establishments with very expensive prostitutes and charged the hard working taxpayers of the Big Island for his extravagant lifestyle. He stayed in some fancy places in San Francisco the home of his alleged mob family. Also he travelled first class to Japan and stayed in 5 star hotels, an extreme extravagance.

I often travel first class and I am distinctly aware of the high cost, it's impossible to not be aware of the expense.

Some folk around here need to get out a bit more.

Wow, punatic007, very interesting post. Please tell us more. As long as it's fact, and you can back it up, I'm all ears.

The interpretation of Evergreen lounge into "expensive prostitutes" really is quite a stretch, or is there more information we are not aware of?

I'm not a fan of Kenoi, however, the salacious details of his actions is overshadowing the actual egregious behavior.

JMO.
Korean hostess bars get around the legality of prostitution by charging very expensive drinks and not paying the prostitutes directly. Just because it skirts the law doesn't mean it isn't prostitution. The girls basically start off flirting, touching and enticing the johns. Often there are other deals made or they are consummated with the continuation of orders of $50 drinks.

Korean hostess bars also are known sources of human trafficking. Do some research and you will see.
Wow is right.. accordingly our little ol' mayor:

• travel all over the world first class

• including establishments with very expensive prostitutes

• has lived an extravagant lifestyle

• stayed in some fancy places in San Francisco

• has a mob family

• stayed in 5 star hotels, an extreme extravagance

I had no idea Billy, from the sound of it, is an international Jetsetter. That's simply fascinating. As opihikao said Please tell us more. As long as it's fact, and you can back it up I too am all ears.
quote:
Originally posted by dakine

To say Billy's "inappropriate use of his card... translates to theft" is a pretty big stretch methinks. A perfect example of what Ted means when he said "this is... PW, where public lynching is a past time."

Yes Billy probably stepped over a line but man its a small line and the biggest thing he's guilty of is getting caught. If he hadn't and he paid whatever personal expenses were incurred back it would be nothing. Zip. It's petty, and so is all the blowing it out of proportions that has been going on in this and other threads about it. Manienie minded BS.

No, it isn't "petty". There was no way he was going to stop using the card for personal charges and he had no intention of ever paying it back - UNTIL HE GOT CAUGHT! It went on for nearly SIX YEARS! If he had the intention to pay it back, he would have done so much sooner, even if that meant small amounts being paid back over time.

When he finally did pay some of it back, he had someone else front the money to do so. That also shows that he personally, wasn't capable of paying it back.
No dog in this fight ... Just thinking out loud tonight...

But I gotta wonder and think ... Who / what kind of deal(s) ( or pressure ) was Mayor Billy working on/with whereby he would potentially risk his political career as well as his family face and reputation ? My guess is we will never know what his choices were during these times.

aloha,
pog

quote:
Originally posted by pog

No dog in this fight ... Just thinking out loud tonight...

But I gotta wonder and think ... Who / what kind of deal(s) ( or pressure ) was Mayor Billy working on/with whereby he would potentially risk his political career as well as his family face and reputation ? My guess is we will never know what his choices were during these times.

aloha,
pog

No pressure; just overconfidence and contempt. Most probably never imagined this would ever come to light or even be an issue to his constituency of lambs. He is more King than Mayor.

jdo
jdo