Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bringing Firearms When Moving to B.I.
Thanks, I'll be sure to call the PD as soon as our container is delivered. I don't even have ammo for my 2 guns, they are family sentimental items but I don't want to get a fine or have them taken away.

Dayna

www.JasonAndBlue.com
My artwork
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Go Kathy,

You are right !

aloha,
pog
So, it was fate. She should have died then, instead of defending herself because there is no way that someone like her can defend herself in that situation? I'm sure her family, friends and community would love to know this.

You can come up with (envision) a million scenarios if you choose. I think the example of Dana to show why we should NOT defend ourselves is appalling.

She was younger than I, but if I were in that situation and I had a gun on me their families would have had funerals.

I wonder what it is you folks think she should have done? Or maybe you think she should/could have done nothing at all; just lay down like a dog.

Maybe it's her fault because she was nice? Her fault because she was riding her bike on that road? Maybe she should know damn well that we have these despicable creatures here that are raised like animals and should consign herself to living in a glass house. Not me. I'm an American citizen with hard fought for rights and I'll walk where I want, live where I want and ride my bike where I want (legally).
"What ifs" are a hard game to play. No one wins.

I am grateful that it has been many years now since Dana Ireland was killed and that such a sad event is rare enough that the memory is still very strong locally.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I was cleaning my shotgun on my front porch (so all the potential criminals could see me) and a police car drove in the driveway to ask if we had seen anyone running down the street at 5:30am. Two cases of breaking into homes while people are sleeping in one night.

My question (hypothetically) was: Am I allowed to bring out my shotgun if someone is in my yard. He stated yes, but just don't point it at them or yell "I'll kill you". (The sound a shot gun makes when cocked would hopefully make one stop for a second).

He further stated (verbatim) If they're in your house, that's another story. You can't protect your material belongings(criminal running out of your house with your TV for example), but if you "fear for your life or your family's safety" you can shoot to kill in your house. For what it's worth.

Oh, and for the record, I am not a man, but a widow with children (grown) and grandchildren who live with me. I will protect my family in this day and age, no matter what it takes. They can have the TV, but not our lives. Just my opinion as always.
What you heard is correct. We have a limited castle law in Hawaii since 2010, you can defend yourself if someone has committed a felony(breaking into your house is) and they are in your house and you fear for your life. A warning while holding your gun or cocking a shotgun should be more then sufficient to make any criminal turn around, do not point the gun at them unless you are going to shoot them. Shoot to kill.

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
But really Your Honor, someone on Punaweb told me it was okay......
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

But really Your Honor, someone on Punaweb told me it was okay......

"Your honor, I feared for mine and my families life, which is why I shot the intruder in my house."
Is far better then threatening to shoot and having your gun taken away, not doing anything and being beaten to death while waiting for the police or "your honor I was just a little scared and just wanted to wound him, you can hear his side of the story when he testifies."

All except one option most likely lead to more crime in the future.

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
Any cases of this actually happening in Hawaii? What was the result?
Oh I see, your "shoot to kill" advice was to stop the intruder from testifying?
I didn't know we had a death penalty for burglary.