Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Kenoi gets a what??
That speculation may or may not be correct shockwave but either way our mayor still has a job after stealing from the government. Any of us wouldn't have a job after stealing from their boss and more likely we would be in jail and or paying a fine. Hauna, I think is the word for our mayor Billy and his administration. Pilau works too.
This area of the big isle has been under attack by nature and politicians of late? Because of the 111 laws and the emergency funds from the lava scare, this kind of bad judgement should also be looked at more seriously. Most who get caught stealing in puna during these emergency times are suspect to stiffer penalties, not that his barowing was stealing of course. Most mayors who end up guiding a community through a natural disaster or two either work hard and move on to be governor, or act like that NewOrleans mayor.
Bad timing for all these ethic problems to come out, or to have any investigations period. Plenty hard working people in this area had to change their living, schooling, working, and spending habits, due to this lava emergency.
Calls for Kenoi's impeachment and the process required in Hawaii County.

http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/hawaiinewsnow...t/ZpVoheu9
"...
Former Honolulu Mayor Peter Carlisle -- who spent 14 years as city prosecutor -- considers Kenoi a friend but describes his actions as: "Repulsive. This is not what people should be in government for. "

When Hawaii News Now asked Carlisle if Kenoi should resign, Carlisle said, "Yes."

Carlisle reviewed the Hawaii County Charter that said 25 percent of Big Island voters would have to sign a petition for a recall election to get on the ballot and then 50 percent of the voters from the last election would have to vote in a recall election for it to be valid.

"You've got a hurdle where you've got to get this number of people out and if you don't get that many people out, then, boom, there is no recall," Carlisle said.

An impeachment effort of Kenoi would be much less difficult, Carlisle said, since it only requires two percent of the registered voters from the last election -- about 2,100 -- to sign an impeachment petition.

"This looks like there may be a more easy route to go by impeachment," Carlisle said.

Then a single state judge would decide whether he should be removed from office for "malfeasance, misfeasance, nonfeasance or maladministration," according to the Hawaii County Charter.
..."
Where do I sign?
Hopefully, somebody will start this process soon and we can all sign.
Update on our beloved mayor. State attorney general Doug Chin is now going to take part in the Billy Kenoi investigation. Ooh lol throw the lobster in the pot and hear it sizzle. Impeach, Impeach!
Lest we forget,

Billy has done good too !

aloha,
pog
Billy has done good too !

Bravely supporing the underprivileged hostesses with donated public money ... where do I sign up for this job?
I find this whole thing to be very disheartening. In my experience the Kenoi administration has been far more responsive to citizen enquiries and concerns than prior administrations were. When I emailed the county to let them know one of their websites wasn't working during a state holiday I got an email from one of Billy's administrative assistants that day! I wasn't expecting any response, I just thought they should know the website had a glitch so it could be fixed. When I emailed the Mayor's office directly to express concern about the homeless guy who was using my office doorway on the Bay front as his outhouse I got a prompt response and action was taken to deal with the problem. I never got that kind of response before.

However, the whole pattern of irresponsible behavior and bad choices that have been revealed are impossible to overlook, the whole thing is an embarrassment for the people of the Big Island, and may well end up being a sad end to a promising career in public service.
I liked his response to the lava threat in Pahoa and watched all the weekly meetings where he spoke. He pushed ahead for the alternate road construction for lower Puna even before funding from the state was certain. for that, I thank him. For his spending habits on personal items, that may bring his career down, and that is a shame.