Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
county inspectors used for harassment
you would be well served to obtain the proper information before you post . sorry to hear you have such a mess going on with the lack of permits and all . it is like starting from scratch . I remember when i built my house the process was lengthy but after a year and a lot of hard work i was able to complete the process successfully.
it is apparently 'grandfathered in' properties, that have no sewerage or power restrictions!!

1. No requirement that finaled construction be "brought up" to later code requirements. (I have seen "knob-and-tube" wiring still in active use.)

2. Cesspool not grandfathered unless EPA has records, which are often incomplete for pre-Statehood properties.
Building inspectors can be a pain. They have a lot of power and all it takes is the slightest noncompliance to wield it. You probably want to make extra effort to not set them off, and you might still end up with one that is having a bad day and he wants to transfer some of the load. People are constructing by eyeball around here, measurement is for sissy's, so it makes it easy for them, and you really don't want to get them finding one violation leading to multiple violations. There is the building code but that references national standards to the point of number of staples per distance for electric wiring.

Sounds like Acres is where the displaced are heading since the disruption of the lava flow. A lot of people left and it seems many are shifting towards north Puna as somehow less likely to be affected by an extended flow. It's pretty funny, a few years ago, PW was full of south Puna "cheapest lot" postings, followed by "chintzy cheapskate construction alternative suggestions". The times, they do change.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
if people built within the rules and laws they would not have to worry about a do over or county officials knocking on their door .
if people built within the rules and laws

If the minimum wage were $25, I could afford a pony.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

If the minimum wage were $25, I could afford a pony.

This.
yes true so when you get caught don't cry about it . the old saying if you can't do the time don't do the crime
if people built within the rules and laws they would not have to worry about a do over or county officials

Not true: County may intervene wherever "dangerous or insanitary conditions" exist, as judged by various County administrative authorities, who have plenty of leeway available.

where a nuisance exists in any building or on a lot on which a building is situated, the administrative authority may institute any appropriate action or proceeding in any court of competent jurisdiction to prevent, restrain, correct, or abate the violation or nuisance.

quote:
Originally posted by justthefacts

yes true so when you get caught don't cry about it . the old saying if you can't do the time don't do the crime

You sure you aren't the one that did the reporting?

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
yes, probably!! and just so we are clear, let me repeat again....i do not have a permit problem. i have a nasty, spiteful, malicious person problem.

"you would be well served to obtain the proper information before you post . sorry to hear you have such a mess going on with the lack of permits and all . it is like starting from scratch . I remember when i built my house the process was lengthy but after a year and a lot of hard work i was able to complete the process successfully."

god even your sympathy is a lie. do you even have real feelings anymore? how do you live like this? and what 'proper information' would you like? the hypocrisy of rich 'poo' being some how ok and poor 'poo' not? permits are easy to check are they not! and your 'friend' BOASTS about the fact that she can get away with putting her sewerage down the lave tubes. so if you are so concerned with the mountain...start there!!

#10048;
#10048;