Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School immunizations
Just one last comment on this thread because it seems most don't get the actual argument:

Glinda wrote:

"As I said.. Tom is narcissistic. He can not help himself anymore [sic] than Trump can. Birds of a feather sort of thing. Go back over he's [sic] posts. Every single time he does not agree with someone he has, I say HAS TO, be mean and say disparaging things about them [sic]. He has ran [sic] folks out of here in droves. Ask gypsy69..."

I've tried my best to get people to discuss the idea about immunizations and teachers in Hawaii and have explained my position.

It's those that don't have answers to those questions that tend to go a bit off-scale and make ridiculous and personal attacks in response. Glinda's posts are a good example; the number of times he's made personal attacks after I pointed out something he didn't agree with, e.g., a study showing the sympathetic relationship between Kilauea and Mauna Loa, goes well beyond anything I have posted here. He even accused someone of masturbating while posting here. Do you ever see me post that kind of personal attack?

As for having "ran" off droves of people, well, please. Gypsy got himself banned due to his own offensive behavior, the same way a few others managed to get themselves banned or put on PW vacation, most of whom I hardly ever interacted with on PW. Exactly who did I run off compared to those that got themselves banned? Dakine?

I feel sorry for you, Glinda, because no matter how many posters here you accuse of being like Trump, you are more like him than anyone else here. You have no respect for the truth, make stuff up and then don't have the guts to stand behind your own words.

Last time I post on this thread.
as I said... [sic][sic][sic]
Unfortunately the numbers don't lie.
The averaged effectiveness of the flu vaccination is roughly 40%. The average number of americans that get the annual flu shot is roughly 1 in 3.
Between 2017 and 2018 flue season the worst ever flu strikes with an estimated 80,000 deaths.
Taking 1/3 of that deaths sum is 27,666.66 and fleshing out the 40% saved by vaccination is 10,666 lives saved in that 1/3 flu death sample.

3,000 - 6,000 people will aquire one of the known syndromes caused by flu vaccination anually,
Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS).

So, in the 2017-2018 flu season, 10,666 were saved while about 6,000 documented flu vaccinations resulted in Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS).
We'll call it the 11,000 lives saved and 6,000 harmed year... from flu vaccination.

That was the best season results, in years where the death toll is much lower from flu, the damage done by vaccination via Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) exceeds the lives saved.
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

The averaged effectiveness of the flu vaccination is roughly 40%. The average number of americans that get the annual flu shot is roughly 1 in 3.
Between 2017 and 2018 flue season the worst ever flu strikes with an estimated 80,000 deaths.
Taking 1/3 of that deaths sum is 27,666.66 and fleshing out the 40% saved by vaccination is 10,666 lives saved in that 1/3 flu death sample.

3,000 - 6,000 people will aquire one of the known syndromes caused by flu vaccination anually, Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS).

So, in the 2017-2018 flu season, 10,666 were saved while about 6,000 documented flu vaccinations resulted in Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS).
We'll call it the 11,000 lives saved and 6,000 harmed year... from flu vaccination.

Did Snowflake Ruggles help with your stats on Guillain-Barre?
No, the CDC did.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concer...drome.html

Is LOLO a name or hispanic condition?
Bottom line, the numbers don't lie. Flu vaccinations can, on rare occasion, be a little helpful in a flu season while in other seasons, they can amount in more harm than good.
All the stats are out there for anyone to check for themselves.
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

3,000 - 6,000 people will aquire one of the known syndromes caused by flu vaccination anually,
Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS).

That was the best season results, in years where the death toll is much lower from flu, the damage done by vaccination via Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) exceeds the lives saved.
Kane, I think your interpretation of the CDC's info is a bit skewed..

Yes they say..

"In the United States, an estimated 3,000 to 6,000 people develop GBS each year."

But they do not say all of that is attributed to the flu vaccine. In fact, about that, they say..

"There have been several studies of the risk of GBS after flu vaccine and CDC monitors for GBS during each flu season. The data on an association between seasonal influenza vaccine and GBS have been variable from season-to-season. When there has been an increased risk, it has consistently been in the range of 1-2 additional GBS cases per million flu vaccine doses administered."

So, using your 1 in 3 number, we can say 100 million get the vaccine and maybe 100 - 200 of them get GBS because of it. Not the 3,000 - 6,000 that you were attributing to the shots.
You're correct. I missread the intial statement in the web page.
http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/guillai...flu-shots/
And still.. that Guillain-Barré syndrome don't sound like fun at all. Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I still fall way too far inside of that high risk group to avoid the shots..