Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hokulani's is closing after tomorrow
Rent has always been high there, well over $5000 a month at one point, it just isn't that kind of a high dollar location.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I'm sorry to see it go as well, but also not surprised. We ate there several times and left each time promising ourselves that we'd never return. Mediocre food prepared poorly (once we had to send an entree back twice before it was delivered cooked properly...) and entertainment mostly presented by acts who believed turning up the volume would overcome any musical deficiencies. If they had concentrated on preparing basic foods well using fresh local ingredients, I bet they'd still be around.
Emma's gone a month ago now Hokulani's .... bummer

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” " Krishnamurti "
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” " Krishnamurti "
I liked the fish and chips and if u ordered between 3 and 7pm from the bar menu.......it was a only $6

One of the waitresses there told us several months back that the rent was just too outrageous. She had been a waitress at the last three attempts there. If the owner's of the building could realize it, Hokulani's brings a lot to all the businesses there. A quick drink while laundry dries or pizza or Lemongrass food is made, a beer after the hardware store, music and laughter before the chore of grocery shopping...

She said that it isn't only rent, but also a high commission, that the owner's demand. It's second hand info, so hard to say, but if that's what the owner's are demanding, they maybe they should consider instead of being greedy, set their price and be happy for the place if it could afford more. That would mean a long standing rental for them instead of turnover after turnover. Who knows though. I don't know their perspective. Do they even live here?
Melissa Fletcher
Anybody remember the first restaurant in that space? Mama Lanis Mexican food. One of the first places to serve tofu tacos and burritos. And a great bar.
Yeah, I was having a discussion over the costs of a restaurant with some one and they mentioned pumping the septic alone ran $6000 a month.
I can't imagine the cost of running an outfit like that.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life