Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark, depressing, rainy weather
I've been living in Puna for years. I can tell you this summer has been rainier then usual. I like it because it's cooler too. Some summers there's a drought that can last for months and you have to buy water.
You could be in the very dry mid west w/ 95 plus degrees everyday. All depends on your point of view. Don't worry, be happy Smile
The weather usually dictates my projects and chores. I always keep a variety in need of attention; some for when it is cold and wet, some for when it is sunny and warm. The great thing about BI is that if you don't like the weather, there is almost always different weather within an hour or so for a nice road trip.
I was in Las Vegas mid-June. 104-106 degrees.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
it's definitely rainier this year than last year. i posted this link in another thread, it's a great rainfall data website for hawaii. perhaps you could check it out and let us know how this year compares to others, why, and what we can expect for the future.

http://rainfall.geography.hawaii.edu/
114 here in oklahoma today......[:0].....see you all in November (or maybe sooner if possible)
Me and hubby were whining about the rain too....my SIL arrived Sunday and said what beautiful weather - cool (it was 85, partly sunny partly cloudy) and the humidity is so low (60-70%)... LOL.... where she lives it is about 95-100 and 95% humidity right now....

It's all about relativity!

It has been over 100 everyday for all most two months here in MO, I am so glad we just closed on our new home there we can not wait to tie up the loss ends can get over to the islands, coming on Aug 15 to paint and prep the house looking forward to rain myself !!
guys i appreciate you telling me what its like on the mainland but thats not what i asked about.

i moved mountains and largeamount of money just to move here mostly for some beauty and some nice weather and now that i am here, it seems like i get 1 day every few weeks of sun and the rest is a glum rainy sky. sometimes it just feels like i made a mistake spending sooo much money to come here thinking i got me a slice of paradise. could of stayed in northern california, an acre goes for like a few thousand, not 200 thousand like it is up the hamakua coast.

not totally complaining, and yes it all is relative, and yes i should be happy to be alive, ext ext.

i mostly posted because i wanted to get an idea of your perception and if you feel this is the norm that i should get used to or something not so typical to get gobs of rain like this even in the summer.

some of you kind souls have reflected on that and for that i thank you, if some more would like to comment and what they feel this summer has been like for them, i would very much like to hear it.

aloha
mary

"Dark, depressing, rainy weather"?

In Hawaii? When/where? You want dark, depressing, rainy weather, try SE Alaska.