Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is snapping photos of houses?
I've had my insurance company take photos of my place from the road without telling me. For their records I suppose.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Yeah... But... Every house... Up one side of the street and down the other... Unmarked silver pick up... Hand held little camera... He'd pause just long enough to snap the pic. Dunno. It's probably lucky for him I didn't catch up to him, lol. My husband just had his backpack stolen out of our pickup the other night, so I'm on extra alert.

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973
just checked my house on the zillow thing. that is so F-ing creepy
^ agreed.

Melissa Fletcher
If they're not breaking the law, then people are free to do whatever they want. Shocking, I know.
I wonder if some one could copy right the likeness of their house? putting out some pink flamingo style copy right style yard art may be fun as well
I wonder... I mean, no one can use your house facade to market things, right? I mean, sure if it's a model, they built it, etc., but to drive by, snap a pic and then you see it in an ad somewhere... Is that allowed?

Melissa Fletcher
quote:
Originally posted by Seeb

just checked my house on the zillow thing. that is so F-ing creepy

We used zillow a few weeks ago just to get an idea of what my mom's properties in Calif may be worth.... they were off 15-20% (on the high side) from the realtor's comps and mortgage company's comps too. Not saying it's wrong but I am not sure how they calculate their info.

Don't worry about it. It's probably just an undercover cop documenting the houses on the street so they have it for the pre-raid briefing when they serve the warrant.

[Wink]

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Some gal in a white rental suv took a photo of my front yard a couple months ago, including my adorable dogs! I was like, OH she must think our yard and dogs are pretty. I never thought of it in a negative light. lol I waved and smiled at her. Maybe I should be less trusting, but that's just not who I am. Smile

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com