Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPPOA still pushing for road fees??
Cool, chunkster - appreciate that info very much.

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
I heard the last HPPOA meeting had an overflow crowd into the parking lot and things got very heated and parents covered their childrens ears. Some board members walked out. I may go just for the free entertainment.

Mac nut
quote:
Originally posted by mac nut

I heard the last HPPOA meeting had an overflow crowd into the parking lot and things got very heated and parents covered their childrens ears. Some board members walked out. I may go just for the free entertainment.

Mac nut

you seem to think this is entertainment...Possible thousands of $$$$ pre day fine for "fugitive dust" caused by speed is not entertainment.
Mahalo Nui to the majority of you !!!!

On target with the facts!!!!!!!! If you live here, please get involved.... so many questions......so many unanswered questions!!!!

Find out MORE of the FACTS.... where you can.... before the general meeting.......too few keep it to themselves......

THE MESS IS HUGE AND IT IS YOUR MONEY.
The fugitive dust thing would have never gotten this far without some of the board members wanting it to. A good to lawyer would have had it thrown out.
quote:
Originally posted by Seeb

The fugitive dust thing would have never gotten this far without some of the board members wanting it to. A good to lawyer would have had it thrown out.

and your expertise/evidence emanates from what experience exactly?
And the people that filed this complaints, need to withdraw them. If people start losing their houses because they can't pay these fee/fines whatever its gonna start getting ugly.
and that's just a fact not any kind of threat, their are a lot of people just scraping by and can't afford an extra grand a year just so some whiner can get their road paved
the dust makes little one cough till she pukes when it's dry. But every one else on a dirt road is in the same boat. bringing the A holes from the state in is just going to make it worse
quote:
Originally posted by Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Seeb

and your expertise/evidence emanates from what experience exactly?

Because this is absurd, there is no precedent, county shares liability because there negligence created the situation.
If the board wanted to they could create enough political pressure to make DOH back off ( look at what s. p. a. c. e. and Kalani did)

The fugitive dust thing remains an issue because the BOD, and the President in particular, did not have the backbone to call the bluff of the DOH. Instead she came back from Honolulu and tried to float a proposal to do a special assessment to pave all the roads. That proposal was rejected by a wide margin in a survey sent to all property owners. Since then, the BOD has taken the cowardly route and caved in by paving the roads of some of the complainants.

Seeb is right. The so-called leadership of HPP has failed us in nearly every conceivable way.
I agree that the speed limits are a good idea. I agree that the DOH is overreaching and their decision should be contested. I also agree that the County should assume some responsibility for either contesting the DOH and/or mitigation. I do have skin in this game.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.