Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll for Rob ....
Pog i agree specifically about the politics forum. I dont even look at that one anymore!

I dont know if its a specifuc group of people like you said or what but anything i see posted in the politics forum is attacked ! Attack attack attack! Conservative liberal doesnt matter those guys are browsing and ready to tell you not only why you are wrong but how stupid you are for not knowing "..."
Instead of giving your thoughts about Punaweb. If you like it here so much, why not consider a giving some MULA to punaweb?

Donating a little something I'm sure helps out the board a lot! I don't really have any bad things to say about it. Smile
I think Punaweb is a great resource. Keep up the good work, Rob.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
Even with its ups and down, PW has been, still is, a valuable resource, well moderated.

If I had a suggestion it would be to show "Member since date" instead of the place or country or whatever that field is on left side next to post under the poster's name. Too often we get new, but energetic and frequent posters who post info that, at best, is just wrong, but because they have run up their post count, there may be an air of credibility. Not only would this serve to help an innocent reader, but perhaps temper reaction to the post itself.

As for post relevance : pretty easy to just ignore those that stray, but sometimes there is still good info.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
Excellent forum, one of the best I've ever run across. Not only relevant to the location, but often relevant to life in general. Our Puna is chock full of sharp, cutting edge, intelligent people, and I appreciate the opportunity to delve into their wisdom on occasion, and even sometimes question it.

Thanks, Rob; really good work, great community karma for you.
Mahalo!

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
Rob has a wry sense of humor and has a wonderful way of gently (more or less...) verbally 'slappin' someone up the side of the head when they skate too close to the edge once too often. People too often forget that while PW is a community resource, it is only so because Rob has invested a lot of his time, money, and effort to make it so.
I enjoy the forum. Lots of good local information.

My only gripe is that I have been unable to locate the "Go to first unread post" button.
@OregonWoodsmoke
If you are looking at the 'Active Topics" page, see to the right of the last person to post, a little blue arrow.
That's what your looking for, I think.
or
just click the Title of the topic to get to the first post
I love this forum - joined in 2005 prior to moving to Big Island - had to move off island late 2010 for family reasons. I feel it's my connection to "home". I enjoy reading of the progress of Puna/Hilo, the setbacks, the ups/downs and general info. I know I'll be back - my son moved there before I left.

Mahalo Rob - great forum and community service.
Anna
After visiting for years, we have just bought our new home in Puna. Punaweb has been our connection when we are not on the island, and we are very grateful for it.
I'll admit the sniping gets a little old, especially from the land of aloha, but all in all, Punawebbers are a great community of people.
Thank you, Rob, for all you do!