Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target shooting
One of the "perks" of having a huge lava tube on my place is the built in shooting range. No worries of stray rounds and no calibers are banned. I bet I could fire off a 155 down there and none would be the wiser.
I have the map of upper Waikea forest reserve ATV park. The flume road I refer to is at the lower edge of the map and runs far back to the river crossing that someone else refered to.....
Link to picture... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/b...B61721.jpg
Rene... cool beans. I'll bet ear protection comes in handy.
Ammo is hard to find here in PA Eagle, last time I went to buy for my 480 ruger I almost fainted at 72 bucks for 20. I have some maybe 10 years old, price on the boxes is 21.95 Think I'll save those and keep shooting fmj 9mm. Ammo for my 10mm is now outa sight as well. good thing I got 500 stashed. Can't imagine what you pay for that 50ae ammo.
Are you able to mail ammo (UPS), or ship it in my container with the other tools from the mainland? I have a good supply of "soft" reloads ( hot enough to get the job done, but not travel far) for my personal use, and do not know what to do with it if I cannot bring it over with me, kinda pricey to replace.

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
Tink. you are not supposed to ship ammo. Although I have gotten tons of it shipped to me. Talk to your FFL holder he may be able to ship for you to a FFL in hawaii. I hear the penalty's are stiff. You can have your guns shipped FFL to FFL Ive done that (Dad has a FFL) that makes it easier, but any one can do it you might have to pay on both ends. Ammo I'm not sure. I only plan on having rem 1100 12 guage and browning p 35 9mm shipped. I can get ammo there cause I dont need practice so 1 box for each is plenty. Besides about all I shoot any more besides the browning is the beeman .17 cal pellet gun. It is scary accurate, almost silent and should kill the biggest of hawaiin rats and pellets are cheap.
Yes,shooting the 50ae rounds is expensive,about $75.00 for a box of twenty. I normally use my deagle set up as a .44 magnum with the conversion kit I also purchased when I bought my deagle. Its not as fun as the 50ae rounds, I like the boom factor with the 50ae rounds.
Thanks Fishenjim. I get all my ammo thru an internet site and it comes to me UPS, so that is where the wonder part came from. I did read somewhere gun types are relaxed, but ammo regs are pretty tight on the islands. Guess I will have to "will" my custom home enforcement loads to my buddy for use on his ranch. Kind of a bummer on those custom re loads, as finding the appropriate powder load that worked without having the velocity to go through a wall, across the setback, and through the neighboring wall was a difficult task. Keeping the Benelli 12 and my Sig though, just have to buy ammo when I get there, and be a lot more cautious if I have to use one to defend my family if needed. Don't need a manslaughter charge on me for a stray going into the neighbors house in an act of defense.

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
Tink. lots of factory loads are made for home defence. just about any load (other than slugs,buckshot) for that 12 will barely make it through half inch dry wall and retain any lethality,leaves big hole but not much out the other side. I would call ups and ask about shipping your ammo maybe they will.
Rolling your own is the way to go.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.