Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you doing on the 4th?
Ditto. Ill be at work, get out at 4pm and then have to go to home inspection.
I'm practising my American accent, but still can't get "Jolly good show, y'all, what!" quite right. I don't know what the problem is so will probably just lay low for the day with a couple of pink gins and a nice cup of tea.
~~~ May the Forth be with you ~~~
And with you as well

'Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed-- borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.'
'Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed-- borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.'
Tom- don't forget the little sandwiches with the crust cut off, and cake with your tea! It is a holiday you know!

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
HAPPY HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!! Now get out and make some noise! I gave the crew a "good morning" running through camp rattling a wooden spoon in a soup pot. Mutiny was about to happen until I told them to get the heck out of here and go spend time with family and don't come back until Monday, so all was good. Keep it safe by not mixing fireworks and "party favors", and try not to over indulge in the "party favors"!

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
Going to watch the pirates crush the phillies then see the fireworks shot from a barge in the allegheny river. Go to permanti bros and have one of those nasty sandwhiches with fries and slaw on it. This will be my last night in the burgh, gonna visit for a few days with mother before I leave for puna on the 8th. Feels a little strange to do so many things for what is likely the last time.
We're in Lahaina for a few days, great place for the Fourth of July. They're closing down Front Street right now. Going to be a party!
Staying home with traumatized dogs again this year. We were invited to what sounded like some really good parties, but there is no way we are going to leave the dogs to ride it out alone.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
quote:
Originally posted by csgray

Staying home with traumatized dogs again this year. We were invited to what sounded like some really good parties, but there is no way we are going to leave the dogs to ride it out alone.

Carol

Ditto, Carol, double ditto. Happy 4th! Sitting in the kitchen with 126lb. male akita (almost in my lap) and the little one at my feet, with PBS showing the celebration on extremely loud!
Mo'opuna went to see fireworks, and the dogs and I are praying for rain in our neighborhood. [xx(]

Oh, Yankee Doodle Dandy by the Military band! Enjoy and be safe all!