Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Teenage Girl: FOUND
You got it oneself I thought about posting it here but I figured the kids already knew and wouldn't want the parents to know. Im pretty sure I would have liked your music better but the trip hop does go well with the Mdma though my memory is a little sketchy from those times. The D J brought go go dancers can you compete with that.
WOW, they were doing it big. I didn't even know they had those kind of parties here.

Last time I went to one I didn't make it past 1AM.

Its not as easy when you don't do drugs anymore lol
Your telling me I worked lunch at Kaleo`s then there from 5 till 230 I did have two pints of blueberry vanilla Hawaiian lemonade made by a man named Rock. Back to the topic though I reAlly believe the girl may have been there as it was kind of my job to check the little kiddies were all ok she looks familiar and I have the sixth sense you know.
From kids at UHH, I have gathered that the raves on island can be pretty impressive - 200 in attendance would not be an uncommon one (hey, you have thousands -even when the universities on this island are out...but more so when they are in session- of teens/twentysomethings & really zilch in the way of venues for them... raves are a way go!) It may also be of benefit to check out venues like Sound Warehouse...after all the DJ's & bands are known there... Think of the kids at the downtown Sept. Ho`olaule`a...

Teen spots like skate parks around the island, surf spots like Pohoiki, 69, Pines, Honolii, pools & beaches, places like the South Point davits, Island Nat. & other natural foods stores, see if McD's & such will post...

Add: although the parents are social media adverse, there is a chance she is not (but for sure other kids are not!) If she has a smart phone, most likely the police have advised monitoring it... when I was teaching, I found out that many of my students had "public" social media pages that their folks & others knew about, and a more "private" pages (usually whole different identifiers) that they used for things like raves... harder to find, but not impossible...
You already got a job fishen ? Thats excellent !!

Ill have to go check it out Carey !
They put on Raves on 41st. I've heard the techo music till 3am....

I sure hope they her. I showed her photo to my teen, but she doesn't do "teen stuff" here so I doubt that'll help. Let me know if she can share her photo on facebook.

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Carey -- thanks again. She left her cell phone behind. More I cannot say on that subject at the moment. fishenjim -- it seems possible that she could have made it over here from Kona. We do know that she had communication with a young man (19) who spends time in both Kailua and Hilo. If you have something more than a hunch and information that may lead to her location, please contact the police on 935-3311. If you wish to discuss it with me, please e-mail via PW and I will give you my number.

This case is classified as a runaway. My concern is that a runaway not turn into an abduction. She left with nothing -- not even her shoes.

I continue to be impressed by the crowd-sourcing capabilities of Punaweb. Thank you.
Kelena, I'm sorry this has happened to your friend's family.

There is already a substantial social media discussion on the Facebook for HNN. Lots of people here are tuned into the Facebook side of that station, and you name it, any story like this, all sorts of people come out of the woodwork who know things.

I looked at it yesterday, and people are mostly coming out and talking about human trafficking out of Hawai'i, girls especially abducted. Others keep talking about the boy in question, speculating on boyfriend, runaway angle.

I gathered that this girl is quite the singer and has a number of popular covers out on Youtube, which means she is tuned in, I'd say.

IMHO, the parents would do well to come out with an interview in which they disclose every reason they might have that she would run away, and every detail. The more information gets put out there, the more the coconut telegraph has to work with.

Right now it is spinning its wheels talking about the "missing persons" problem and how it is hushed up. An interesting conversation, but parents need to direct it back to their child, full disclosure, if they hide anything the kids on social media will sense it. JMHO.
Here's the link to the Facebook discussion. Still going on, but it will fizzle soon if there is no more news focus.

https://www.facebook.com/HawaiiNewsNow/photos/a.446167765478.235705.192156350478/10152514025000479/?type=1&theater

Lots of somewhat dumb comments but there is some interesting stuff too.
The parents could easily post and identify themselves right there, free, they already have the attention of a bunch of people.

There are over 1000 shares on the article as of now.
Oh, so she contacted her mother the next day, Wednesday. I didn't get that before.
http://khon2.com/2014/07/11/big-island-p...rnia-teen/

KHON Facebook is talking about that.
https://www.facebook.com/khon2news/photos/a.75640216378.81796.66874361378/10152269617556379/?type=1&theater