Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
motercycle mechanic
another thing you can do is put a little vaseline on a qtip and lightly coat the contacts with it ,it will keep the crossion down a bit , looks like I'll have to open a bike shop when I get over full time....Hey PoP a Wheeeelie!
Turn signals now seem to like working more than not. A little wd 40 and a good ride in the rain. Seems to me alot of things in Puna May work intermittently. Don't like riding in the rain a bit but t dub seems up to the task.
Someone told me that the guy that does motorcycle repairs, and is in HPP, is on 16th, near to Kaloli. Next time you are out and about, cruise by there, and he has a sign and company name and phone number. If you are driving on 16th towards Hilo, it will be on your leftt side, as I recall.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Yep Bird need to do that,it will be nice to learn my way around a bit. And good to know where his shop is. I really would like to do a whirlwind tour of the B.I. I figure I have the rest of my life to see 4 thousand square miles may as well savor it I'm still a little awe struck every time I see a new peice of Puna. Fishing with Gypsy and Kobi in the ocean still has me a little dazzled. It definitely ain't OBX or socal or even Oregon coast. Though I found all those places beautiful and amazing. They are nothing like here and I doubt any place is. So T dub is 22 this year if she goes another 22 years that will make me 70 I just hope I've seen all 4000 square miles by then. And I'll give her to some Puna Webber that hasn't been born yet.
I sold my three motorcycles when we moved here. Sold them due to shipping costs. I had a 2007 Yamaha XT225, a 2007 Royal Enfield Bullet, and a 2006 Sportster XL883. Of the three, I wish I had that little XT225 here.
We did have room to bring my wife's SYM HD200 scooter over in the tiny container we rented (an ABF Relocube). The resale value on the SYM wasn't too great. It is a fantastic scooter though. Then, I picked up a Kymco People 150 scooter.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Here is the phone number of the motorcycle mechanic on 16th in HPP:

808-854-1272.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
MAHALO Bird I haven't been down by there yet. I will give him a call though and see about an appointment to give the t dub a once over and put that from sprocket on. I rode with some friends down to Kehena yesterday and was blown away what a place to ride. I have to admit though I wish the t dub could have transformed into that KTM 625 SMC I used to have. Supermotos are great for anywhere but would be especially nice on the B.I.
Ya know Jim,

I think I have already seen you in town ... LOL. Cannot recall color of bike ( red ? ), but one light bike caught my eye a couple days ago sitting in mauka light off Wal-Mart as I rode by. ... My minds eye noted to ask that person how the tires run in the rain one day when I see them.

small world aloha,
pog
Wouldn't have been me Pog I haven't ventured the t dub to hilo yet. The tires seem pretty stable in the rain but I've been pretty careful thus far. No matter how long or how well you've ridden I think it wise to get to know any machine you are new to. The thing is 22 years old and the t dub is a rather unique design. It's shorter than any bike I've had even shorter than the sv 650 I had and way shorter than any endoro or dirt bike I've ridden. And it's certainly no ripper. More of trailie with lights. It does seem good for putting around Puna and it will deter me from my hooliganism. I do see a husky TE 450 on craigs list maybe I'll make a low ball offer see how bad he wants to sell it that bike will hooligan real good.
... no worries jim.

aloha,
pog