Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punaweb Member Rescued....
Wow, god bless you all! Happy B-day Mark! I can only say thank God for Duanne, he is truly a blessing to all (including me). The ocean is all to powerful. Water weenies are another great cheap helpful savior. We all know the current there is crazy. Glad you are all safe and hope we see you all soon. Aloha!

Wow, Bear and I are so happy things turned out so wonderfully. I would say it was a miracle, but it was really because the people on the spot had the presence of mind to do everything right and the emergency services did so as well.

Cheerfully thankful or thankfully cheerful, take your pick,
Jerry

How frightening and thank goodness it turned out ok. I bet that was an endless 25 minutes, I can't even imagine! Thanks Duane and Happy Birthday Mark!
Rob

Richard and Mark...well you can see what an impression you have made on many of us on PW. I am so grateful that Mark is well and enjoying another birthday. You guys have been such good friends to many.

Thank you Duane for your quick thinking and swift actions! God Bless.

Carrie

"All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it." Bob Newhart

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
Amazing story. Thank God everyone pulled through OK. I can't stand huge waves they always give me the willies. I am glad to know about using a cooler for a flotation device. Excellent idea.

Stay safe,
Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Your guardian angel was looking out for you guys! Your friend was a quick thinker to remember the ice chest and by passing this story on may save lives in the future. I have heard of rogue waves knocking people off boats too, you soon realize how much we are out of our element in the big water.
Props to search and rescue guys.

I too am so relieved to hear that it all came together to save Mark!

Question about the rogue wave for myself and others:
how much larger was it than the waves that preceded it and where would you say would have been safe to stand back and fish -- or in retrospect was the water too rough for any safe fishing that day?

Happy birthday Mark!

Thanks for sharing this. This is a truly wonderful and touching story.

You were truly blessed!

Thanks to all of the rescue workers out there!

"What? Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Nueman
"Vote with your money!"
Thank you all so much. We both appreciate your support and concern.

Thanks Leiboy (Duane).

We have had a quiet day today. A birthday of reflection.

"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
Wow.. Great save. Kudos to Duane for the quick thinking, great directions and response. Glory to God for the cell phone signal.

And a 25 min response time is just about as fast as you can get a helicopter anywhere. A big "Well done" to the Fire and rescue guys. (they always appreciate letters of thanks)

This story has all the things I love, God, emergency services, fishing... and a good ending!

Blessings,
dave

"Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield"
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young