Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know where I can buy "Milestone"?
Well you are welcomed to get some syringes of Milestone from us and give it a try. We actually saw results in the first week on this huge tree. It's still standing, but no longer spreading seeds everywhere. The prof from UH says it could take a few years to completely drop the limbs and decay.
For those that have not seen the study done by the CTAHR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDbzSVwH5-A

Pretty impressive results, from such a tiny amount of Milestone.
Mahalo, rbon!
Daniel Hanmer
dch, just send me an email when you're on island and would like to give it a try.
Bing maps has pretty clear views of a lot of Puna, especially if you rotate the view. I switch between google maps and bing because one is usually newer than the other. It may help for looking at the tree growth before you get here.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Leilanidude, that video is incredible. If you wanna walk around Leilani with me, a drill, and an injector, lemme know. Wink
Leilani Estates, 2011 to Present
If anyone that only needs a small amount wants to do a group purchase, I'm interested.
Why toxic poison, when girdling is free & effective? If you wrap the stump w/ black plastic, regrowth will be minimal.
I think when you are talking about having to take down many thousands of trees, or for one person maybe only a handful, it is far faster to use milestone. It also kills the tree more quickly and one cannot wrap a stump of a 50' tree that hasn't been cut down. There really needs to be a movement to get milestone to as many people as possible, train them on the proper use and safety precautions, and at the least kill all those in falling distance of any power line.
I agree with Rob. We had been fighting a constantly-sprouting albizia forest for four years before we found out about Milestone: girdling, cutting and treating with Cross Bow, but the "mother tree" was way too big and kept spreading seeds. One treatment with eight drill holes and 8 ml (1oz = 30 ml) of Milestone took less than a month to defoliate. We used half that amount on smaller trees.