Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayor Declares State of Emergency
I know the road as Government Beach Road, from Kapoho. all the way to Kahakai Blvd. Now as you exit from WaaWaa, the roads have been somewhat blocked by a womam called Aileen?? She was Hawaiian Shores, or their community president. She Managed to place huge bumps on the exit road (Papio), Build her front yard park, then diverting traffic to her back neighbors, then she had stop signs placed even on a left turn only street. How can we have a "flow" from waawaa, when we have all this stop signs and humps get in the way out of here??? Rudderman messed up appointing her as a liaison..

punalvr
punalvr
I meant to say right turn onto the Parkway..

punalvr
punalvr
When mother nature fires warning shots across your bow... listen up and take appropriate action otherwise she'll scuttle your ass. We saw that occur with the Albezia branches falling on and near cars, so mother nature fired a round through county infrastructure for ignoring the warning shots. Now mother nature is firing another warning shot across the counties bow with some lava approaching. The question is simply this... Has the county and our local Puna representative learned to yield to the warning shots or will it be ignored like the falling branches. How long will it take for this county to get with reality and cover the ingress/egress issue for lower Puna. Don't expect financial favors from FEMA because they aren't coming and ignoring the issue won't make it go away. Widen the beach road, pave it and scrape those damn speed bumps off the road or divert the end to link up with Puna Coastal pkwy and then continue it on up to HPP or sit around and let nature expose knuckle headed choices again.
Every solution has a small group of loud people opposing it. Makes it easy for the CoH to do nothing.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Apparently during the latest meeting, the USGS said lava could reach 130 in 27 days. I feel like there should be a really morbid countdown clock with that specific number of days.
quote:
Originally posted by shave_ice

Apparently during the latest meeting, the USGS said lava could reach 130 in 27 days. I feel like there should be a really morbid countdown clock with that specific number of days.

They were offering several scenarios. That was the worst case one. I noticed that the person that told you failed to mention that in the same slide they also said it could take 9 months.

This misinformation or leaving out key parts is what causes panic. They were simply displaying scenarios based on past people asking them to provide "projections". The 27 days was if it continued in a straight path with no obstructions and moving at 900 plus feet a day.

Please verify your facts before posting and verify the entire story not just the part that makes it seem the absolute worst. There is no need to cause unwarranted panic as emotions are already tense.
"[...]even though were were already under an SOI[...]"

"[...]We get another confirmation about an existing SOI - does that add 30 days to an existing original 60 day SOI"

What's an SOI?
SOI = State of Emergency.

It makes it appear "cooler" when you just say SOI Smile
TFYI = thanks for your help!
Wouldn't that be TFYH? Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one!