Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feral Pigs moved on.
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

When they're young like this, they are still very curious and can be drawn near by simply wearing something dark and making a hog noise through your sinus cavity (Push air through the back of your throat into your upper sinus cavity and slightly block it with the back of your throat). They will come right up to you, sniff your shoes etc. I've done it and picked them up. They don't like being picked up and will squeal like a SOB.
As per what they will become... we have many of those already and are fully aware of what they do and have fixed their damages many times already.
Why do some people take them? Sometimes to eat them the size they already are, sometimes to raise them for slaughter, sometimes for farm pets and others to work them in gardens for plowing, etc. Any uses beyond that, I'm not familiar with nor care to be.Wink

If you ever spot a group of orphaned small feral pigs (pigs are young hogs and piglets are not yet weaned) along the side of a dirt road, I'd highly recommend stopping and greeting them. It's one of those rare constitution building encounters we can have on this island.

By "greeting", I assume you mean "shooting"!!!

Ono - So Fast - So Tasty!
Not unless you're shooting them with a camera. Hawaiian firearms laws make such an act impossible if your following those laws. If you get caught shooting them along the road, you can pretty much assume a jail cell awaits you.
Hahahahahahahaha
maybe some places, but not all. I hear gunshots pretty much every day.

quote:

Not unless you're shooting them with a camera. Hawaiian firearms laws make such an act impossible if your following those laws. If you get caught shooting them along the road, you can pretty much assume a jail cell awaits you.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
On the road or off back in the woods? Big difference. I hear gun shots frequently also but not on a public roadway.
Read the firearm laws for the state including those regarding transport of firearms and the few accepted reasons for transport. The firearm must be in an approved gun case, etc. You must be traveling to or from a gun range, hunting area, gun smith, gun shop and or the police department for licensing purposes and to or from one place of redsidence to another. Theoretically stopping to get a soda with gun in vehicle can get you in trouble. That's about it, walking on down the road with a gun in hand won't cut it out here and the chances of you having a gun when spotting some feral pigs on the roadside are minimal. Discharging the gun along the side of the public road would be a big fat breach of the Hawaii laws. I personally enjoy my freedom and see no need to aquire a felony charge/conviction for something as pathetically stupid as that.
quote:

On the road or off back in the woods? Big difference. I hear gun shots frequently also but not on a public roadway.
Read the firearm laws for the state including those regarding transport of firearms and the few accepted reasons for transport. The firearm must be in an approved gun case, etc. You must be traveling to or from a gun range, hunting area, gun smith, gun shop and or the police department for licensing purposes and to or from one place of redsidence to another. Theoretically stopping to get a soda with gun in vehicle can get you in trouble. That's about it, walking on down the road with a gun in hand won't cut it out here and the chances of you having a gun when spotting some feral pigs on the roadside are minimal. Discharging the gun along the side of the public road would be a big fat breach of the Hawaii laws. I personally enjoy my freedom and see no need to aquire a felony charge/conviction for something as pathetically stupid as that.

Have they taken away your right of speech, or press, or religion from you yet, too? Sad, very sad.

quote:

Are you aware that feral hogs are destroying coral reefs by their rooting, which loosens soil, which washes downstream, out to sea where it snuffs out delicate coral.

Shoot each and all of them any and every chance you get, and if you have to step a few feet off the road to do so, well, do so.

Are the pigs still available?
quote:
Originally posted by OnoOno

Are you aware that feral hogs are destroying coral reefs by their rooting, which loosens soil, which washes downstream, out to sea where it snuffs out delicate coral reefs

'I MAKE STUFF UP'
quote:
Originally posted by rainyjim

quote:
Originally posted by OnoOno

Are you aware that feral hogs are destroying coral reefs by their rooting, which loosens soil, which washes downstream, out to sea where it snuffs out delicate coral reefs

'I MAKE STUFF UP'

At least you admit it.

Terracore,
I haven't seen them in a few days.