Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a random thread about coconuts
As I've stated. I am not a doctor. But think logically, what is an ear infection? It is an immune issue. The body is fighting inflamed tissue.

Fixing the gut is a lifestyle choice. You can't have strong probiotics and Big Macs. Once you are into gut health, your diet will tighten up at the edges. Quality herbs and greens, juices, smart protein (salmon), and fruit snacks. Less rice and processed meats and you will be at your body's optimum weight and zero, I mean zero, immune disorders. Think about it, most health issues are inflammatory responses by your body.

Please research it for yourself. There is no "take this for that". It is a lifestyle choice.

You make the decision, what goes in will always manifest itself.
I suspect this thread is going to go downhill very quickly.
Especially if you "put the lime in the coconut . . ."[:I]
Is this what you are talking about, Tom?
"I suspect this thread is going to go downhill very quickly."
Like a coconut?

I had never heard that Lime in the Coconut song until very recently. I'm glad.
I love mindful's contribution to the topic. Thank you. The coconut oil itself is very good for the gut too. It has been attributed to reversal of ulcerative colitis. This is truly a blessed and ultra healing food.
I too appreciate Mindful's contributions to this thread. I actually went to meet with Mayor Kenoi several years back asking him to find some way of having a program establishing a coconut plantation, possibly providing jobs for young people and adding to our island's sustainability by producing our own coconut oil, water, milk, etc. Never thought of it as yogurt but makes good sense.

We are throwing away thousands of coconut annually while IMPORTING at considerable cost coconut oil, milk, etc. It's crazy. When I checked with the College of Ag as to growing and marketing of coconut here, I was told the university has not studied coconut as a crop here, its nutritional values, etc. for more than 20 years. Of course, Billy just wanted to know who I was gonna vote for and went nowhere with the coconut inquiry, despite telling me he'd just visited a fabulous coconut plantation in the Philippines and he was so impressed, they used every part of the coconut for something (just as the ancient Hawaiians did, Billy!)
Frankie, like many crops, coconut production would be too costly to compete with coconuts from foreign markets. Foreign markets have access to cheaper land, labor, material resources (fertilizer / pesticides) and water.

Its a nice thought, but the reasoning is the same as why all the pineapple plantations went out of business. The remaining operations on Oahu and Maui operate merely to keep their land (a small fraction) in agricultural production so as to insure their zoning and tax rate remains agricultural. Basically they are sitting on a gold mine of prime Hawaii acreage and being taxed minimally.
fabulous coconut plantation in the Philippines and he was so impressed, they used every part of the coconut for something (just as the ancient Hawaiians did, Billy!)

If the county isn't interested, perhaps the people wishing to establish a Hawaiian Kingdom could have some of the unused Hawaiian Homelands dedicated to a large plantation, as well as some grants from OHA or Kamehameha Schools to form a company which would provide jobs and income for all levels of workers from field to management.

Fresh, high quality, coconut based products. I'd buy some. They could market a premium product at a premium price to the resorts where visitors don't mind spending extra for the Made in Hawaii experience.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
unused Hawaiian Homelands dedicated to a large plantation

In theory, great idea.

In practice, the agencies involved would nitpick the project to death; if it survived, the final product would be so expensive as to become a niche export to Japan.

The insurance alone would bankrupt the project.
The insurance alone would bankrupt the project.

Caution - Falling Coconut sign?
Hardhats?
Helmets?

From a hospital study in the Solomon Islands:
RESULTS:
A total of 3.4% of all injuries presenting to the surgical department was related to the coconut palm. Eighty-five patients fell from the coconut palm, 16 patients had a coconut fruit fall on them, three patients had a coconut palm fall on them and one patient kicked a coconut palm. The majority of patients who were injured by falling from a coconut palm were young (aged 6-25 years). Eleven of the 16 patients struck by falling fruit were under 25 years of age. The majority of injuries sustained were fractures. Patients falling from coconut palms sustained mainly upper limb fractures (60.1% of all fractures) or spinal fractures (16.3%). Patients injured by falling fruit sustained skull or upper limb fractures. All skull fractures occurred in patients under the age of 10 years.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11167595
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves