Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S C U B A S U N D A Y DEC 2ND 10 AM
Jim 'n' Carey plan to be there, with fruit & yaks & stuff

How does custard pie sound?

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
I took a fall and am moving pretty slow. We're still coming but I won't be diving, and may not be moving a lot. Can't miss your smiling faces though!

Jim & Carey say they are bringing dogs and buns, so we are bringing chicken. Jayne, of course, will do something incredible and put us all to shame but hey.... everyone has to be the best at something and I am NOT competing with her for chef!!!

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Man, I hate you guys.. Ok, I'm not supposed to hate, soo I'm sooo jealous and/or envious of you guys.

Thanks to Andrew & Scott, you guys take some good pics. Keep it up! You guys be safe!

PS: Do any of yuo use "Air2" as your back-up second stage? I'm thiking of buying one off ebay, before this summer.

Blessings,
dave

"Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield"
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Good dive! A little rough getting in and out but choke fun! I'll think of my dive buddies when I'm away.
Aloha-Theo

"Do any of yuo use "Air2" as your back-up second stage?"

Most everyone I dive with these days uses either ScubaPro's Air 2 (or one of the clones). Seems my trusty octopus and I are the lone holdouts; throwbacks to the age of the plesiosaurs.

I dunno. I just kinda prefer the idea of my buddy being able to snatch a big breath of air off a longggg highly-visible hose attached to my hip should the unhappy occasion ever arise. They can even grab it if my back is to them.

Just a personal preference I guess.
The selection of gear these days is just-plain-astonishing, yah?

"The selection of gear these days is just-plain-astonishing, yah?'

Aint that the truth. Computerized guages etc.. I updated my equipment a few years back. Imagine my surprise when I foud out my old orange and black Scuba Pro BC was worth maybe twenty dollars.

"Ms." Mololo great minds think a-like. The reason I havn't made the switch to Air2 is the same as you. I'm just old school and kinda like my security blanket. I've only had to use it once and that was a planned ditch. I think the thought of not having a full second stage as a backup kinda worries me.

Blessings,
dave

Blessings,
dave

Dave, Scubapro had a recall on their Air2 in 2004. Check the recall notice, and if this is a unit that may be refered to in the recall, make sure that you only use on a Scubapro BC.
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05523.html

Edited by - carey on 12/02/2007 21:01:09

Edited by - carey on 12/02/2007 21:22:46
Thanks for the link. Ebay's my weakness. Most of my friends don't approve of ebay for diving gear, but I usually get it checked out. A "recall" is something they usually don't tell ya about on ebay. Thanks again, dave

Blessings,
dave

Blessings,
dave

Beautiful day but the water was a little rough. Thanks to everyone for your participation.

Aloha, Pam

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"