Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wet enough for you?
It cooled off nicely around 3:00 on Kaloli pt. Should be good sleeping tonight.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I heard last summer was the hottest on record ever since maybe the bronze age or something like that. So does that mean this year's summer tops last year's?
quote:
Originally posted by bystander

I heard last summer was the hottest on record ever since maybe the bronze age or something like that. So does that mean this year's summer tops last year's?

Yes and the 10 warmest years on record globally have all happened since 1998, with 2014 on top as the warmest of all. Soon to be overtaken by 2015!
quote:
Originally posted by PunaMauka2

"How is weather in Volcano today ? Dont care about rain but is it cool?

Thinking of escaping heat, and going up to get senior park pass for hubby.
"

A little late on seeing this Q, for what it's worth here is the official report...

Today up mauka it was very comfortable short-sleeve t-shirt weather starting from very early A.M. (an unusual trend this summer). It remained comfortable t-shirt weather until this afternoon, when it seemed to get a tad cooler. This evening up mauka it is just barely unbuttoned flannel weather (next to open window in house with single-wall construction).

We did go up! Saw tons of Kahili ginger blooming (I know I know it is invasive but I still love the fragrance).

Got senior lifetime park pass for hubby ( seniors 62+ $10 still for lifetime).

Pleasant afternoon out of the heat!
FYI.. Hilo tied the record yesterday for high temperature at 88 degrees.
"We did go up! Saw tons of Kahili ginger blooming (I know I know it is invasive but I still love the fragrance).

Got senior lifetime park pass for hubby ( seniors 62+ $10 still for lifetime).

Pleasant afternoon out of the heat!
"

Yep, CHOKE ginger blooming now. The fragrance does waft through the windows, particularly in the late evenings it seems. Plums just about pau. Was a strange scattered year for those. Plum blossoms (my favorite up here) going off from tree to tree were not as synchronized as usual.
maybe it's time to retitle this thread..."WET enough for you?"

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
Rain has been epic. Anybody in Orchidland with a rain gauge can tell us what its been?
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

quote:

Yes and the 10 warmest years on record globally have all happened since 1998, with 2014 on top as the warmest of all. Soon to be overtaken by 2015!

Not to worry. In a decade, the sun will be making a dramatic downturn in its output and we'll be engulfed in ice-age (mini or otherwise). The sun, and the shape of the orbit (and tilt of axis) are the prime-movers in climate variability.
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarloaf

quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

quote:

Not to worry. In a decade, the sun will be making a dramatic downturn in its output and we'll be engulfed in ice-age (mini or otherwise). The sun, and the shape of the orbit (and tilt of axis) are the prime-movers in climate variability.

Oh yes! The planetary pendulum will swing radically for awhile. At least until she shakes off some fleas.