Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warriors
quote:
And, according to the Experts Mock Draft, Colt will be the 12th pick by Baltimoore....

His stock went up with the last few games but I really don't see him going in the first round unfortunately. With three weeks left in the season he was ranked around 85th expected to be selected.

-----------------
Coming home soon!
I think Jones will move on. After all what’s left? He has lead his team to an undefeated season and a BCS Bowl. If I were him I would leave on a high and get what I could from the open market.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Anyone catch the new Warrior fight song circulating?

I think they could have had a much better song made for them.

-----------------
Coming home soon!

Edited by - damon on 12/16/2007 19:17:46
quote:
I think Jones will move on. After all what’s left? He has lead his team to an undefeated season and a BCS Bowl. If I were him I would leave on a high and get what I could from the open market.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin

nah, I think you are wrong there. It is my opinion that he only threw his name in the ha at UCLA to get a better offer from UH. June Jones has roots in the islands. He himself spent one or two years quarterbacking UH himself. His kid's mother is from Oahu. Plus schools have come a knocking before for his coaching abilities & system. Which for those who don't know. It is a very high octane offense built around four receivers and the QB spending 95% of the time in a shotgun formation. It's called the "Run & Shoot" offense, and Hawaii's fair weathered fans are really starting to enjoy it!

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
quote:
Originally posted by Beachboy

quote:

nah, I think you are wrong there. It is my opinion that he only threw his name in the ha at UCLA to get a better offer from UH. June Jones has roots in the islands. He himself spent one or two years quarterbacking UH himself. His kid's mother is from Oahu. Plus schools have come a knocking before for his coaching abilities & system. Which for those who don't know. It is a very high octane offense built around four receivers and the QB spending 95% of the time in a shotgun formation. It's called the "Run & Shoot" offense, and Hawaii's fair weathered fans are really starting to enjoy it!

Handle every situation like a dog,If you can't eat it or hump it,piss on it and walk away...

What happened here Beachboy, did he hear Cha-ching. You can say what you want but the $$$$$$$$ wins out.
SMU was 1-11 this year with a great facility for football. He will do it all over again, that's what great coaches do.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
quote:
Originally posted by Kahunascott

quote:
Originally posted by Beachboy

quote:

What happened here Beachboy, did he hear Cha-ching. You can say what you want but the $$$$$$$$ wins out.
SMU was 1-11 this year with a great facility for football. He will do it all over again, that's what great coaches do.

Kuhunascott, if you read eveything closely. It was never about the money. If that was the case he would have never turned down the millions the San Diego Chargers offered 9 yrs. ago to take over a team that was 1-11 the previous year! Go back and read everything again, it wasn't the money for him. He mostly wanted to see that UH's asst. coaches got a pay raise, and secondly he wanted the facilities to be updated. He waited almost the entire season to get knee braces for the offensive line, and had to go jump through hoops to make that happen. Like the QB Brennan said back at the start of the season. "We don't even have soap in the showers".

June Jones cried several times this past weekend trying to make a decision on what to do. He loved Hawaii and it's people, but he was becoming extremely frustrated by the school's lack of commitment to the football program which probably brings in 75% of the schools revenue. He goes to SMU for the interview and comes away blown away by their commitment to their football program.

June also expressed even more frustration the past few days as UH decided at the 11th hour to meet his 19 request to improve the facilities...to little ,to late! Had UH dimissed Herman Frazier this past fall I'm sure we wouldn't be here today discussing this topic.

UH just went 12-0, and played in one of the BCS Bowl Games. The program would have really taken off. Instead UH is in a free fall because of June's departure. A free fall that will take years to right.

If UH has learned anything from the fiasco, it' keep up with the times. UH will have to address June's concerns if they ever want to keep another good coach here.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/p...80343/1001

-----------

Beachboy,
If June really wanted all the things you say he wanted don’t you think he would have stuck around to make them happen? Instead he has bailed out on the coaches and players and he has let the chips fall where they may. If his dream were to make it better he would have followed through. He would have used his own future as leverage against the U of H.
But he didn’t he left for the chance to build another team from ashes and oh yea the almighty $$$$$$$$. You can spin it anyway you want but he’s gone and can’t change anything here in Hawaii from Texas.

you spend 9 yrs. banging your head to try and get things done, and they never happen. How long do you keep trying. Hawaii already has a hard time dealing with change. It has taken the state 5 to 9 yrs. to embrace the things he fought to get done for UH. At some point you say enough is enough. You can't keep beating your head to try and convince the powers above to embrace your vision too. For christsake, the man is what 55yrs old?

Kahunascott, DAmon, if June Jones was about the money, he would have never stepped into the world of college football. He was making far more money in the NFL!!!! What's so hard to understand about that?

We all like to reach a certain pinnacle in our careers, and June feels he won't be able to acheive that here I guess. But like he said, in 5 yrs. time he will retire to Kona...lets wait and see if that's true!

-----------

BB -

As Lee Cataluna puts it...

There are those who love the team, love the players, used the equity on their house to go to the Sugar Bowl, stood in line for hours at Kahala Mall for autographs, but deep down saw Jones for the self-serving opportunist that he is.

He's an opportunist. That's why he came here in the first place. And that's why he's moving on.

-----------------
Coming home soon!
"He's an opportunist. That's why he came here in the first place. And that's why he's moving on."- You say that like it's a bad thing.

June Jones turned a coal into a diamond.

He had a logo successfully redesigned to make millions for the university.

In attendance, bowl revenue, and product endorsement, he's benefited UH greatly.

He's showed us all what's possible, not just what we have to accept.

I don't think he was motivated entirely by money, but even if he was, the university of Hawaii fumbled, struck out, double faulted, air balled, false started, and wiped out by not retaining him.

Good luck to June Jones and SMU. I'm anxious to see if he can turn their program around. I'm curious to see if he's criticized for doing so.