Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wow! 11 million!
PCards, Frank! [Big Grin] (Sorry...running away.)

*Took out too many quotes.

quote:
Originally posted by opihikao

quote:
Originally posted by Frank

quote:
Originally posted by alaskyn66

[quote]Originally posted by flyingsurfer

really the states get more money from pot than they know how to spend. That will be the day. lol

there was an article about a year ago that Colorado was flush with tax revenue but didnt have the infrastructure set up to distribute the new found (tax wealth).

(..But I see your Sarcasm..)

As a side note... it would most likely take Hawaii county 10 years to figure out what to spend it on... if that ever happened here.

it would most likely take Hawaii county 10 years to figure out what to spend it on... if that ever happened here.

that's a shame and a crime

PCards, Frank! [Big Grin] (Sorry...running away.)
[/quote

running away...thats un becoming of a hawaiian
LMAO, Frank! It is indeed. However, at this point in life, I pick my fights wisely, or hopefully so.

Konane is better than chess.

Aloha to you, Sir. I do enjoy your posts, as the words resonate, albeit few (words; just like my Papa). To the point of the issue, Sir. As such, when you think I should not "run", please tell me so. (Curtsey to the right...lol.[Big Grin])

Akua bless and keep you in grace. Rest well. Life is good, however, short.

JMO.

not sure how much money the states are making at this point, but I suspect it is much less that what we've been led to believe in the media

Right -- it's "less" money, so no need to bother? Because we can always raise taxes elsewhere. (I'm betting the next Mayor takes the half-cent GET increase so generously made available by State.)

most likely take Hawaii county 10 years to figure out what to spend it on...

Not at all -- State would tax the weed to build rail on Oahu, just like they keep their "fair" share of all the other taxes.
A hidden cost-benefit: less money spent prosecuting and imprisoning pot dealers and users. Might have room in the jails for actual criminals!
Might have room in the jails for actual criminals!

Like prosecuting & imprisoning pot stealing thieves. Because if it's legal, pot thefts can be reported to the police. Might be the most effective way to stop more break-ins and theft. Judges now often sentence car thieves and home b&e offenders to no more than probation. If pot was legal, the only marijuana cases police and prosecutors could pursue would be for theft. Maybe they'd follow up on theft suspects with extra diligence, if only out of their frustration of wanting to arrest and sentence somebody, anybody for possession of pot.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Not sure how much money the state of Hawaii gets every year to eradicate marijuana, or how much of that money every year is spent raiding right here in Puna or Ka'u?.

http://www.bucyrustelegraphforum.com/sto.../32109409/

Going to be hard to replace the millions for eradication, seized property, court proceedings, ect, ect.
Is the term "pot" actually used outside the media in contemporary casual conversation? If so, maybe it's a mainland thing. Can't recall hearing the term in use locally.

Signed,

Casually curious.
I've used the word "pot" since like 1972. "Weed" and "grass" always seemed like words on Dragnet. My husband says "pakololo," since we moved here, but I still say "pot."
"Ganja," "herb", and sometimes "pakololo" is what I hear it called in our neighborhood these days. I'm currently in Oregon and went to my first dispensary today, just for window shopping. The recreational side was a constant stream in and out; the medical side, I had to wait for a private consultation with the "doctor", and well worth the wait - he was extremely knowledgeable about different products for different debilitating conditions. I think the dispensaries slated to open in Hawai'i in 2016 will be a great asset to the state. But only 8 for the entire state??