Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best cheese source?
I've always struggled to find my favorite - authentic Stilton. Anyone with a tip? Even not-quite-authentic would better than bog-standard blue cheese.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPN3KTtrnZM

apologies to rob ... Could not stop

aloha,
100 degree Mexican mystery sample tasting, never again, pog
One of the best Monty Python sketches. Thanks, Pog!
touche pog!!
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

I've always struggled to find my favorite - authentic Stilton. Anyone with a tip? Even not-quite-authentic would better than bog-standard blue cheese.

I have found Stilton, Double Gloucester, and Irish Cheddar at KTA on occasion. I don't know who is stocking that case, but they know their cheeses. The offerings change over time, but the assortment is usually good.
Thanks, Shock, I'll look closer next time I'm there. That little deli stall definitely has some great stuff there, it's usually where I pick up my naan bread.
PS. Oddly enough, the first cheese mentioned in that Monty Python sketch, Red Leicester, is one of my favorites, but I've never found it in the US, let alone Hawaii.
Standing by sir pog!! What we doin?
LOL Beejee,

One thing we NOT doing is biting into the first something offered to us in @ Laguna Hanson.

Going another direction ... I feel bad for anyone who has never tried pork roll with Velveeta.

aloha,
not all cheese is edible,
pog
Wow, Velveeta...that strikes deep pog. I had forgotten about that in my past... Growing up in Utah in the 60s/70s we used Velveeta primarily for fishing by baiting on a "cheese hook".