Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 13 Most Dangerous Towns In Hawaii To Live In
There are no towns in Hawaii county.

There are, however, "census-designated places":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census-designated_place

Most of the "private" subdivision are thus designated:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_Acres,_Hawaii

Hawaiian Acres is a census-designated place (CDP) in Hawai'i County, Hawaiʻi, United States located in the District of Puna. The population was 1,776 at the 2000 census.

someone should print this article and pass it out at the airport and at the cruise ships
someone should print this article and pass it out at the airport

The name is County.
Hawaii County.
Danger is my middle name.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Buyer Beware! Most folks who have moved here from the mainland will realize at one point or another that they got duped by their real estate agent. Most will realize that they fell victim to attractive ads and language like "your piece of historical Hawaii......or your own piece of paradise." How about "a charming little fixer upper in the native forests?" And then reality kicks in.....

Hawaii island is home to the state's poorest regions. Three of the top five existing right here in PUna -- Mountain View (Acres), Pahoa (including Nanawale, Beaches, etc), and Leilani. The fourth is Hawaii Ocean View estates in Ka'u. The last? Makaha on Oahu.

So while you were so vested in finding out if your piece of property had coqui frogs or fire ants, you should have spent more time understanding economics in the state of Hawaii, and how it lead to you getting that "great deal" on that property you live on. These regions in Puna will continue to provide the stats needed to be deemed "dangerous," or downtrodden because these are where the poor folks live. Not all poor folks are bad or hopeless.....but there are some who are. After all, these are the last "affordable" regions of the state. Most important is for us to not forget -- this place is home. Many of us have our lives invested in this place. Might as well make the most of it.
Leilani is poor? Then I guess Kapoho is poor too.
"Buyer Beware! Most folks who have moved here from the mainland will realize at one point or another that they got duped by their real estate agent. Most will realize that they fell victim to attractive ads and language like "your piece of historical Hawaii......or your own piece of paradise." How about "a charming little fixer upper in the native forests?" And then reality kicks in....."

--- No, I'm good. Love it here. You'll have to pry me off.
Don't generalize.
Well good fo you clayjacks. As you can see, I did not generalize. I said "most people." I guess you are one of the great lucky few! Woo hoo for you.
I don't think that was a genuine "woo hoo." But thanks.
It's my view that there are many, many of us mainland poors who moved into these poor areas, knowing exactly what to expect, and how to cope.
I believe the truly clueless, the monied and the duped, are actually in the statistical minority. Those are the folks that get fearful and pack it up.
To me it's just like any other place with a nice climate and -mostly- warm people. Want dangerous? Try Baltimore.
quote:
Originally posted by Clayjacks

I don't think that was a genuine "woo hoo." But thanks.
It's my view that there are many, many of us mainland poors who moved into these poor areas, knowing exactly what to expect, and how to cope.
I believe the truly clueless, the monied and the duped, are actually in the statistical minority. Those are the folks that get fearful and pack it up.
To me it's just like any other place with a nice climate and -mostly- warm people. Want dangerous? Try Baltimore.

I couldn't agree with you more if I tried.

Funny how people will believe almost anything posted on internet --- especially if whatever they are viewing was in their mindset from the get go.
try being a haole walking in 'sherwood forest' or Waimanalo areas windward Oahu at dusk... then you know dangerous town.. this list is off alot... the first 2 dont have postoffices, banks, schools, malls, stores, police stations, etc. they arent towns.. theyre neighbourhoods within Glenwood...

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha