Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Live-In Baseyard Manager
The 'rent' ends up paying the electric at the house only. The 'Security' is just making a presence at the front of the property, I'm not asking someone to be patrolling the grounds with dogs or a shotgun. We've had plenty of people call on this position already, had someone in this position already for a couple years, and it has worked out quite well. The work hours would total about 20 hours a month and there is great opportunity for more paid work. So in the end, the person for the position would be making $30/hour to open a gate a few times a week, weed whack once a month, oil some ladders, and keep a list of what has left and come back in. Then they'd just pay for their electric.

This is why I quit using PW so much. It's more about insulting and bringing people down than lifting people up. All you who have commented above just jump on the hate train and make mad assumptions and drag people's reputations through your muck before asking decent, reasonable questions. How about treating people in your community with a bit of respect and assume the best until proven otherwise? I haven't received a single call from any of you getting clarification before these insulting accusations listed above.

Melissa Fletcher
"Make yurts, not war" Bill Coperthwaite, 1973
The rental house isn't required for the position. We could rent the house separate and hire a separate base yard manager. It just seems like it would be more convenient for the right person to be close to their work.

And POG, Do explain what you are insinuating when you say 'Consider the Source'? Consider the source of a company owner who has a solid reputation in our community? Who works her butt off to keep affordable housing an option? Who fights for her clients and our communities? Don't you live in Florida or something like that?

Melissa Fletcher
removed by moderator

how long does it take to get a yurt permitted in this county?
Thank you for the clarification Melissa that makes a lot more sense.

It is behavior like that displayed in this thread which is why I don't come around PunaWeb much anymore. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
I apologize if my first post was misleading or less clear than it could have been. When I was writing the OP I was juggling a 3 year old, filling up a tub of water because our catchment sprung a leak and drained all our water, and trying to get this info across in a written post. I'm just trying to get word out on a pretty sweet arrangement and thought PW would be a good place to share it. I forgot the drama and raised blood pressure that anonymous people on this site tend to cause regardless of the topic.

lavalava, a yurt takes the same amount of time any other permitted residence takes to permit if we're running the permits through. County knows our work, we've helping to build and design them for 10 years, permitted over 120 so far on the Big Island. I'd be happy to talk current yurt topics in another thread if you're interested in the topic.

Mahalo,

Melissa Fletcher
Thank you, Saints. My sentiments exactly Sad It IS a shame. I used to come here for info on all kinds of good topics and community. But who needs the intense and unwarranted negativity?

Melissa Fletcher
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

How do you know we're not?
Likely because no one has come back and retracted or apologized for their mob mentality attempt to bash one of their community members just for some sick sport.

Melissa Fletcher