Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations Hawaii justice system!
The judges around here don't have to be threatened to go easy on criminals. They seem to be lenient as a matter of routine.
Some statistics to back up the mounting rhetoric here might be helpful.
What do you want from a county that votes in Kenoi fully aware of his mob connections and I do mean plural connections. It's a miracle we got Mitch Roth elected however he is surrounded by corruption and not enough allocated finances in the county to handle the criminal caseloads from prosecution to incarceration.

Looks like everybody gets to go back home in HPP and party on. It was the prosecution that dropped the case. The prosecution is under Mitch Ross. The judicial building in Kona is over $100 million now. Whose empire is this? That is going to be something, having those guys out and buzzing around HPP again.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
At least they've made us safe from fradulent voters like Tiffany. She may not have cut anyone into tiny pieces, but think of the other things she'd be capable of at the polling station.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

At least they've made us safe from fradulent voters like Tiffany. She may not have cut anyone into tiny pieces, but think of the other things she'd be capable of at the polling station.

Wouldn't have been a polling station, it would have been on the county council.

You are really mixing up judicial process. The murder charges were retracted by the prosecutor for lack of evidence. They are now going to have to build up a case on circumstantial evidence without eye witnesses. What Tiffany did has only too much evidence. The voting fraud and the tax evasion, manipulating the residency rules, shows a carefully crafted, deliberate action to commit criminal action harmful to the citizens. All the prosecution needs to do is put places and dates on the timeline and the evidence of deliberate intent to commit fraud is gong to be clear. This is while waving her child through the air as a banner of ethics in journalism. The hypocrisy is not a crime but it should be.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
They are now going to have to build up a case on circumstantial evidence without eye witnesses.

Unfortunately, that might be a long drawn out process like the Dana Ireland case. Someday, someone will crack, over a guilty conscience or saying the wrong thing in the wrong place.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
All the prosecution needs to do is put places and dates on the timeline and the evidence of deliberate intent to commit fraud is gong to be clear.

That was my point in comparing Tiffany to this case. The prosecutor's office seems to go after low hanging fruit. My experience with them when I had a case pending was that I brought them almost 90% of the evidence. All of the dates, check numbers, store locations, and phone contacts could easily have been collected by either the police or prosecutors. They seemed surprised when I faxed the information to them.

Obviously a murder case is more difficult, and goes deeper. But I would prefer whatever amount of extra effort is required be brought to bear in solving the case. If possible.

I'm not as worried about Tiffany roaming the streets and unimproved roads of Puna.