Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Circle of Death updates
Part of the hilo bound flow is being diverted thru one side
Its kind of a semi circle at the moment.
Its kind of a semi circle at the moment.
---------

That is enough to scare the Puna-Paranoids into a Puna-Panic... [Big Grin]

This phase is to train Punatics on the most different part of a roundabout, you want to go left but you have to go right around the roundabout first. Notice, this phase is to get people used to just that part. Next is with mergers and people changing their mind about which way they are going so they can do complete U-turns. A camel is a horse designed by committee.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Went through it twice yesterday, the question mark of death.
What's the body count so far?
Thanks for the updates, everyone. So now it's the Semicircle of Doom?
Semicircle of Doom?

I drove to Pahoa for the first time since the "roundabout" opened. It's not really a roundabout yet, is it? There's one lane open Pahoa bound on the old stretch of road, then separated by the construction area across the way is the new Keaau bound lane.

It's more like a divided highway right now. With bulges or humps. But I didn't have any trouble getting in or out of the Malama Market area.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Been through the partially opened roundabout three times. Probably because I was keeping my eyes on the road, I missed the blood, shattered auto glass and scattered car parts. The Puna Paranoiacs must be so disappointed. The landscaping, predominantly hapu'u ferns in the circle looks like it will be beautiful, Hawaiian and give a calming tranquility. As for our legion of whining morons...SHUT UP ALREADY. To the contractors and government employees involved. MAHALO NUI LOA.
I understand that DOT has contracted this orchestra to play at the Circle Of Death during rush hour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAFtiUoq6TE&t=3m5s to try and calm us all into driving safely.