Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racing on the Red Road
Agree on that, birdmove. Raced semi pro circuit track and enduro. Should have a track facility perhaps partially funded by the State or County? When I first started the track was sponsored by the Police Athletic League to curb such activity. A drag/circuit track with motocross and sideshow pit on the inside should do nicely.

Community begins with Aloha
Should have a track facility perhaps partially funded by the State or County?

People are trying to build one on the west side; predictably, neighbors are objecting.
Noise is always the concern. I was thinking maybe central like up Saddle/Mamalahoa Rd area down Saddle to the Army base away from development, but close enough to use.
Edit for spelling
People have been trying to build a race track on this island for years. As with anything else someone wants to build. Someone wants to stop it.
someone wants to build. Someone wants to stop it.

Lawyers make money either way, no wonder there's so many government roles.
So, in the meantime, what is, is. Turn a large parking lot in the industrial area into a multi go cart slalom track using tires anchored together and you have a gold mine while possibly keeping them off the streets.

What about the one that's almost finished in Pahoa?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Well some of you were wondering if I was joking, good question really. Yes a part of me was joking, just trying to rile my good neighbor Obie a bit. Some other things I was not joking about, like the metioned preferred race times, locations, good entertainment,and the long history of puna's (red road race nights).

That stretch of red road thats been used for late night racing use to have a local speed limit of 50 or 55 mph. Some residents like myself regularly use to reach 60mph on that stretch daily. After several tons of unwanted black top was paved over red red came The unwanted current use of this 30 mph tourist speed trap. If the racing was truly a problem(which its not) then the addition of several more of those famous kapoho speed bumps could be an option of deterrent,jmo.

On a side note would Anyone know how fast one must be driving over the posted speed limit, to have their drivers license taken or suspended?

quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

Well some of you were wondering if I was joking, good question really. Yes a part of me was joking, just trying to rile my good neighbor Obie a bit. Some other things I was not joking about, like the metioned preferred race times, locations, good entertainment,and the long history of puna's (red road race nights).

That stretch of red road thats been used for late night racing use to have a local speed limit of 50 or 55 mph. Some residents like myself regularly use to reach 60mph on that stretch daily. After several tons of unwanted black top was paved over red red came The unwanted current use of this 30 mph tourist speed trap. If the racing was truly a problem(which its not) then the addition of several more of those famous kapoho speed bumps could be an option of deterrent,jmo.

On a side note would Anyone know how fast one must be driving over the posted speed limit, to have their drivers license taken or suspended?

I'm curious if you proofread your incoherent ramblings?

I have a problem with the noise on these race nights. The noise made by these fart pipe rice boy cars is like fingernails on a blackboard to me and my neighbors. It wakes me out of a sound sleep.

Looks like the good entertainment involves lots of drinking too judging by the hundreds of broken beer bottles at the starting line.

Last month after a race night I found various parts of a car including a carbon fiber hood at the end of Kapoho Kai Drive.

Link for those of you who don't know what a rice boy is :

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=riceboy
noise made by these fart pipe rice boy cars

I thought excessively noisy exaust was illegal? How did they manage to pass our State's rigid safety inspection system?

lots of drinking too judging by the hundreds of broken beer bottles

Isn't that "public consumption" and/or "littering"? Don't we have "rules and laws" about these things, that "apply to everyone"? If it's all "complaint-driven", did nobody complain?