Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat. Jan. 21 - Womens March in Hilo
lol alaskan66. i do believe the same. and groups like this are preaching the difference.. i am a woman and have never felt marginalized. your choice, be a victim or not. i don't need to go marching down a street, i prefer a voting booth. i for one am tired of the protests, marches, solidarity (if only you believe like me) and all the other stuff of the last year and a half. time to go pull weeds in the garden and hear the birds sing...
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Ghandi

I encourage all punaweb readers to join in this effort toward showing peaceful solidarity in diversity exemplified by all the residents of our awesome home in paradise. May we all practice "ahimsa" doing no harm by thought, word or deed.

Join the GLOBAL minute of SILENCE for women's EQUALITY
Today PUNATIME 8AM.
quote:
Originally posted by Lopaka
Pitting one group against another is a favorite tactic of the ruling elite, and snowflakes like this group blindly follow suit with feel-good, do-nothing activites like this.

How come I never see women marching to demand an end to alimony???

Thank you for illustrating my point. I would like to think this is a sarcastic joke, but I know that your regurgitation of the President's rhetoric is serious. It is also unamerican and unpatriotic to sew divisions among fellow countrymen. You don't know me and you don't know anything about me, yet you lash out with this brainwashed rhetoric. As Trump would say, "Sad!"

Will this protest matter to the new administration? No. Will it directly change things? No. It will however send a message to the world and indeed the world is joining in against the idea that someone who brags about assaulting women and berates them does not represent the views we wish to be expressed in our country. It will also encourage those minority groups like women, Muslims, disabled people who have been under attack with political rhetoric to know they are not alone and we will stand together.

As for your weird attack about alimony, women don't protest it because it isn't gender specific. Many men also receive alimony payments.
Will this protest matter ... No. Will it directly change things? No

Perhaps not tomorrow, but over the years and decades to come it could have great influence. Woman had few rights 100 years ago, they couldn't even vote. If you look at the history of how that right to vote came about, it was a long, slow process. With a successful outcome. You can only imagine what their detractors said about those early meetings and marches, when they had far less recognition in the public sphere than they do today.

"Only fear real things, such as minds full of delusions." -Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Really big turn out for Hilo and 2.5 million estimated world wide.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/0...rm-begins/
Way higher turn out than I was expecting. The actual march managed to wrap around itself on it's circuit of downtown. First time I've heard crowd noises like that from Mooheau bandstand. Impressive.

If only we could get a crowd like this to turn out for the homeless of our island with willingness to help try and solve the problem.
But I understand this was a political thing.
Slow Walker

No, it was a human rights thing.
"No, it was a human rights thing"

Yes but homeless don't have human rights.

Even dung beetles have a home.. but some humans not so much.

But as long as people are recognized for whatever race,religion, sex, that's more important.