Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaska announces daily Kona to San Fran service
You've got a point @bw it's federal money we shouldn't complain.
I use Hilo airport all the time - quick hop to HNL and the world is my mollusk. No way am I driving to Kona.
The flight to HNL isn't expensive if you use points instead of dollars.
I fly to the mainland frequently for work during the spring and fall. I would rather fly out of Hilo than make the drive to Kona.

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
Yep, never flown out of Kona.

Try harder Hotpe
If you are the only one flying not worth going to kona but buying 2or more tickets you are talking lots of money you can rent a car for $120 or less round trip you are way ahead. I would like flying out of hilo to but when they charge $125 more a ticket from Honolulu to fly to hilo than kona?

jrw
jrw
quote:
Originally posted by jrw

If you are the only one flying not worth going to kona but buying 2or more tickets you are talking lots of money you can rent a car for $120 or less round trip you are way ahead. I would like flying out of hilo to but when they charge $125 more a ticket from Honolulu to fly to hilo than kona?

jrw

Rent a car, plus parking. How much does it cost to park by the Kona airport? The outdoor departure areas at Kona are superior to Hilo's, but check in and security are preferable at General Lyman field.
What we need are some Alaska flights to Hilo.
As if Kona doesn't have enough flights already...Hawaiian announced yesterday commencement of its new daily nonstop service from Kona to Lihue. And Hawaiian also has daily summer service from Kona to Los Angeles on its big 330 airbus in case any Hilo passengers to LA want big and roomier plane.

http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-ne...-commences
What we need are some Alaska flights to Hilo.

Nope. Gotta keep the country "country".
macuu222: 330 airbus... big and roomier plane.

Hawaiian was just rated one of the airlines with most seat space in economy:

If you’re flying to Hawaii, traveling with Hawaiian Airlines is the way to do it. Hawaiian Airlines’ Airbus A330 planes are some of the comfiest Hawaii-bound airplanes. They feature up to 32 inches of seat pitch and a seat width of 18 inches.
https://www.seatmaestro.com/airlines-wit...omy-class/

You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Hawaiian was just rated one of the airlines with most seat space in economy

Comfortable seats are important when the journey takes twice as long.