Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitchhiking gone sour - UPDATED!
I used to give a ride once in a while if it was a girl or woman. The last time I did I realized after we were going 55 on the highway that she was crazy. I was really scared and just agreed with everything she said. She couldn't stop talking and made little sense. I dropped her off at Walmart and will never pick up anyone again! Sad
same here. used to give them rides, but have had too many negative encounters. smelly, unappreciative, and generally weird and/or dangerous. I feel bad for people when I pass them, but that passes pretty quickly (usually about 55mphSmile.
Nice husband picked up local male at top of our subdivision, who stole his cell phone. Police said "his word against yours", even though the "kid" was using it! Another neighbor picked up someone who stole their ipad computer that was not password protected. Two lessons there! Sad to be taken advantage of by losers.
The vast majority are simply freeloaders with no job and no desire to get one. Shaka Steve was the only one I regularly picked up.
leilanidude, good afternoon to you.
I also got use to giving smiling Shaka Steve rides once in awhile.
What happened to him? I have not seen Steve in a couple years now.

With the extra convenient ways of transportation like Uber in the area maybe we won't have as many hitch hikers around.
With... Uber... maybe we won't have as many hitch hikers around.

gypsy,
If current hitchhikers can't afford soap & water, do you think they'll be able to pay for a ride with Uber?

You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
What happened to him? I have not seen Steve in a couple years now.
---------
He fell in his house (just up from top Leilani entrance) and died from a head injury.
I propose hitchhikers hold up a sign with a bar of soap and a $5 bill printed on it, to let drivers know they are bathed and willing to kick in towards gas and expenses. Anyone without the sign is left in the dust, and anyone lying is sedated and gets their organs harvested. Fair?
Shaka Steve was killed a few yrs back... it was all on Punaweb Im sure...

heres a link to a commentary w/pic of Steve
http://www.bigislandchronicle.com/2012/1...aka-steve/

ps I pickup hitchhikers all the time, but only If I seen them before, or know them, or they are going to beach weaklings...
Id never pick up datfaka... hes crazy looking iow I only pick up hippiekine... I scare them usually..

***edited cause I knew I was right on how long, and removed a bogus link...
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Crack me up ... What to do you all expect when picking them up ???

Baananahead, I KNOW you would never call the boys with boogie boards "weaklings" to they face. so tuff guy