Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS PMAR survey
Maybe we could go steal the pillars for the rail folly and then build a road over HPP !
If anyone is maybe interested I did a PMAR proposal several years ago that I think is reasonable and a benefit to HPP and Puna.

http://www.hawaiicountycdp.info/puna-cdp...1.3.xx.pdf

Pick away at it.

Oh I designed it wider than it needs to be so someone can dial it bake a bit and feel happy.

Otherwise the only change I would make now is to call it the Paradise Parkway.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

PMAR thru HPP designed to allow very few exits/entrances

5. It's not much of a PMAR if it doesn't also support emergency access to HPP.

You misread this.

Limited access, as in only the 4 main roads, maybe only 2 of them. If people cannot easily get off the PMAR and then get back on, they won't be prone to doing what they do now, off of 130.

Limited access, as in only the 4 main roads, maybe only 2 of them.

The map is a far better explanation; in fact, it shows the PMAR going all the way through HPP to Hilo, such that "cutting through" HPP would be the "long way around".

Other good points: it's only getting more expensive the longer we wait, population will keep growing.

Amusing: "15th Ave ... would consume sufficient land to reduce the village centers to half their current size". Nothing of value lost here, since the "village centers" effectively can't be developed anyway.
Rob Tucker and leilanidude have the right idea. The generally ignored sham of a Puna Community Development Plan even had something reasonably similar, and many of us in HPP would support it. The problem is that the Hawaii DOT does not want to even consider such a route until the eternally delayed Highway 130 four lane project is finished. That's why there's no money.

Meanwhile Ohara might try to build something on a smaller scale, but I still see HPP opposing it due to the increased traffic it would bring to our private roads. I don't think even the Hawaii courts will let the county dump a couple thousand cars per day into HPP without compensation, but I guess it could happen. Would the county even pay for it?

Obie @ 14:50:56-
Indeed, one of my fondest dreams.
"Can we just skip ahead to ubiquitous high-speed internet, drone delivery, Amazon warehouse on-island?"

You forgot the Puna Costco.
don't think even the Hawaii courts will let the county dump a couple thousand cars per day into HPP without compensation

Because that totally didn't happen with the PEAR in Hawaiian Acres.

You forgot the Puna Costco.

Sure, as long as it's only used as a warehouse for deliveries, and not open to the general public.
Not just a Puna problem, either.

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...19-closure

Highway 19 has been closed due to a brush fire between Paauilo and Ookala at the 32.5 mile marker.

The Hawaii Police Department says there is no alternate route and drivers should avoid the area at this time (shortly before 4:30 p.m. Monday June 26, 2017).

quote:
[i]Originally posted by kalakoa

Because that totally didn't happen with the PEAR in Hawaiian Acres.

Apples and oranges. Nobody in their right mind would get off PEAR in Hawaiian Acres and roam those roads looking for a shortcut around a traffic jam. And who maintains PEAR? That's an honest question because I just realized that I had always assumed without checking that the county maintains it.