Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HWY 130
Just wait til they have the Shower traffic signals working. 1 minute for 130 and 5 minutes for Shower!!!
I will continue to use the Pahoa bound shoulder lane outside of 3-6pm until such time as traffic improves. Feel free to join me - they cant pull us all over!
"If everyone, in mass, were to just stop their cars on the highway and declare a general strike, i.e. clog the highway to the point it makes national news, they might, just might, get the message. Baring something like that I suspect the State and County will continue to treat Puna as a second class citizen."

Well, if everyone gets out of their cars nude, I suspect it will make national news. Not sure it will have the effect of making us first class citizens though.
I borrowed a quote from Glindakine

"Hawaii is full of head up their ass Democrats that will do nothing to help people. And it's the people's fault for electing them.. over and over. As far as I am concerned this is payback.. and it's a bitch."
It really is very hard to argue with that.
Left HB at 2:20 to pick up husband at airport and while there was literally no traffic Hilo bound, Pahoa bound traffic was backed up from Kea'au light to Shower. After airport pickup, we hit the backup at Milo and it took an hour to get to Shower. The worst I've ever seen.
Wifey and I went to Costco a few days ago and it took us almost as much time sitting on the road than it did to drive to Kona. Absolutely hilarious when you think about it. The stupidity cracks me up. Every other high traffic location in this country would do this work at night. Yes it would bother the few who live near the construction, but it would be for the greater good. Besides what do we expect when these wonderful government employees can't even keep the wells up in Kona. I just feel bad for all the people who have to commute to work every day. I might be wrong on this, but wasn't the work suspended a while back because the permit expired or something? Just the norm I guess....
I think I have a solution to the traffic problems on Highway 130. It's a two (or more) step process. Like glinda pointed out, the ruling party is at fault and should be held accountable for everything that occurs while they are in power. So first, we elect Republicans. Then we build a combination car and passenger transport system to augment our clogged highways. I'd call it The Super-Rail-Ferry.

To avoid adverse affects with existing roads, commuters, and homes while under construction, a majority of the rail line would traverse the property of large private land owners, state lands managed by the DLNR, and DHHL tracts on which homes have not yet been built.

If we start immediately, or right after the next election and statewide Republican landslide, I believe we can reasonably look forward to completion of Phase One of the project (Hilo to Keaau) by the early part of the 2100's.

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
HOTPE @ 07:14:36-
[Big Grin],[Wink]
I'll just drop the usual points here.

1. "If only there were an alternate route...."

2. "Why does EVERYTHING have to be in Hilo...."

3. Telecommuting, high-speed internet.

4. County services (DMV, property tax, etc) on a big tourbus that makes the rounds.

Yes, I know, "too expensive" and "not in my backyard" and "keepin the country country".

Perhaps the next huge traffic jam can include food/drink vendors and a parade? If we can't fix the problem, might as well enjoy ourselves...