Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud Motorcycle on Kahakai
Hmmm, you must be new to the subdivision?

I am guessing you live on Kahakai Blvd or super close?

My neighbor runs his souped up Honda once or twice a week up and down the blvd... I live about 18 lots from the main drag, and I can hear it all the way down. Glad I don't live any closer! But I hear all kinds of traffic from jacked up trucks with mud tires flying up and down to uncapped ATV's, etc...etc... you name it. I suggest closing the windows, doors, and get AC. Cops won't really do much, since they will only come if they aren't busy, and if they aren't, it will take em 10-15 minutes to get down to check it out, by that time... the dude is done mucking around on his bike.

Best bet is get a surveillance camera that can pick up lic plate #'s and color of bike, etc...etc... Once you have that, providing it's all legit, you may get something done.

Moving might sound like a good option, till you find out this crap happens in every hood. You always got the dog, rooster farmer, or that one guy that's into racing cars or bikes. Even in the subs that have CCR's, there is no guarantee you can get away from it. Maybe if you had 100 acres out in the middle of nowhere. Even then it's iffy. Better make it 500 or 1000 acres just to play it safe. It would be truly nice if one could buy in a subdivision that is 100% guaranteed not to have idiots that want to raise animals, play loud music, uncap a motor, fly a drone, shoot their guns, etc...etc... Or just get plain drunk and yell and scream for no reason every night at 7PM. Common Sense, it seems is a rare commodity.

They all are desperately seeking attention. The vehicles they drive are just a way to make up for some perceived shortcoming.
I call them “compensators”
It’s kind of fun calling them Harley Compensators or Nissan Titan Compensators when we see the particularly loud obnoxious ones.
It brings us a laugh and we don’t get quite as put off by it(them)
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I just had my 64th birthday. I started riding motorcycles when I was eight and have always ridden motorcycles and a few scooters ever since, including two Harley Davidsons. I started riding off road, and got my street permit at 15 1/2. I have never supported loud exhausts on motorcycles. My two HD Sportsters were both had the stock exhausts and were quite quiet.
Do loud exhausts save bikers lives? Maybe sometimes. But they also piss off car drivers, home owners, etc, etc. The last thing I want is to be surrounded by car drivers with a hatred of bikers, for obvious reasons. I can tell you I worked at a Harley Davidson dealership in parts for five years. There is a huge money gravy train for such dealers in selling the loud aftermarket exhausts, "race tuners", etc, etc.
But, I do admit to putting playing cards on my bicycle wheels when I was a little dude.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Do loud exhausts save bikers lives? Maybe sometimes.

I prefer vibrating-beam headlights and the brake lights that flash when brakes are first applied. At highway speeds, wind on the helmet is more than enough noise for me...
Do loud exhausts save bikers lives? Maybe sometimes.

When I'm driving in my car with the windows rolled up, AC on and fans blowing, my radio playing and driving at 50 mph, I'm not sure that I'd hear a loud motorcycle any sooner than I'd see a quiet one.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by iRadiored

Does anyone know of/have any information about the person who rides their motorcycle up and down Kahakai VERY loudly, multiple times a day? This is the only vehicle I hear that consistently wakes my baby up during his nap. We have also seen the rider on Kahakai and they were speeding and passing dangerously. Just frustrated.

If this is perhaps a hopped-up Japanese bike, sounding vaguely like a monster chainsaw, and the rider has a very twitchy wrist (lots of gratuitous vrooom vrooom), then I feel your pain.

I live just mauka of Pahoa Village Road, and have to listen to this @$$ zooming around constantly. He makes several passes through Pahoa almost every day. I've dubbed him my Special Motorcycle Friend, just to keep myself from doing something I'd probably regret.

Well what do you know ? There he goes right now...
He also frequents the Red Road at night, here's hoping he eschews helmets like the rest of the organ donors.
Hey K.J. it is not anything a quart of oil accidently spilled on the apex of the turn by the hot dog guy. Lol
I am not too fond of implying or wishing injuries to people. No aloha in that or a loud motorcycle.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
My comment was inappropriate and was a poor attempt at humor. My apologies