Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punatalk Rules for Newbies
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

For some people you can just feel that they were bullied at school. My condolences.

You deserve a bumper sticker!

Post of the month!

[Big Grin]
Newbie status is widely considered to remain until 500 posts (Kamaaina). And posters rarely receive full respect until 1000 posts.

I can't wait until I get me some full respect. Do I get anything for half respect? Maybe a participation sticker?
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

For some people you can just feel that they were bullied at school. My condolences.

Yeah. You can also tell who were bullies in school
... or is it they were bullied at school and now feel like they can be bullies because they're on an anonymous online forum?
Ya gotta talk in a few things in consideration of every post. Not everyone is you. At any given moment some will be happy, sad, ill, angry, hungry, drunk, stoned or simultaneously watching Sponge Bob.

Try to use that filter a bit.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Nice work Chas. Double post=more respect.
See what you did? Now I had to write this worthless and pointless message just to see how many I'm currently at!! See how shallow I am??

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
or is it they were bullied at school and now feel like they can be bullies because they're on an anonymous online forum?

You're right on point Chas. As psychologists say, those that were/are bullied often times become bullies themselves.
I don't know about all these rules for newbies, never seen them myself. I just go by what people post no matter how many posts they've made. If you post something stupid or ignorant you should expect to have people point it out or, god forbid, ask a question and expect an answer. Simple as that.
Can I get a T-shirt to pose as an oldtimer until I reach said status? lol Not!
Who cares, really?
I read PunaWeb to stay informed and for a laugh or two. At least this thread got a laugh.