Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residential Elevators
quote:
Originally posted by taropatch

Anyone have any experience or recommendations with having a residential elevator (vertical) installed in the home? Not interested in stair lifts -- just regular elevators. Some companies I've googled are Stiltz, Elevator Services, and Access Lifts of Hawaii (mostly stair lifts) but have not made any calls yet. Old age combined with leg problems has started to become an issue. My family member's first floor is mainly the garage and a studio so that is basically the other option.

Not sure if i have enough posts to chime in...

Could it be temporary and removable?

The General Contractor i worked for in the '80's used a 120 volt AC, scissor type, 2 person man lift as a temporary elevator for a wheelchair bound client.
We cut a hole in the concrete floor, framed up the opening with plywood, lowered it down with an engine puller hoist, then covered the pipe railing and control panel of the lift with some interior grade mahogany.
It was beautiful and worked great but kinda noisy.
When our client was done we repoured the hole with concrete and put the man lift back in service for other Tenant Improvement (TI) jobs.

Mr. P
My brother have a model from Ameriglide-

https://www.ameriglide.com/item/amerigli...vator.html

If you ever in Aiea can look at it. It goes up about 5 feet and cost about $15k all together.