Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police Make Pot Patients Give Up Their Guns
if you possess marijuana, legit with permit or not, makes you a felon

It's simpler than that: marijuana users are "drug addicts" under Federal law. No prosecution required.

legal pot and illegal weapons, or legal weapons and illegal pot

Perhaps no illegal weapons or illegal drugs, merely an illegal house....
Hmmm, what happens when pot becomes recreational legal, do they get their guns back? So much for trying to do the legal stuff and follow the rules. Best not be registering your gun next time.
what happens when pot becomes recreational legal

No change unless outright legal at the Federal level.
Now if they could just make drunks give up their cars....
Makes sense to me. Hawaii police seem to take every opportunity to do nothing at all or jobs that require as little effort as possible.

It must be much easier to take guns away from medical marijuana users than heroin, meth, cocaine or alcohol users.
Quote from Obie's Link: "The court maintained that drug use “raises the risk of irrational or unpredictable behavior with which gun use should not be associated.”

What about belligerent behavior? Commonly associated with alcohol. Think we ought to worry about that? Law enforcement has given booze a pass for ages. It's implicated about half of all rapes and assaults. I remember back in the 1980s when da boyz would drink in the Banyan Drive golf course parking lot on Saturday nights and then crack heads of tourists who made the mistake of wandering over there. And then people trying to get cops to make an arrest. Uh, well, dey wuz just having some pau hana beers wen da haole wen over dea and ack up. Right. Of course people with alcohol problems can have guns.
Fascism?

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Anything that leads to less guns is fine by me.

Fascist regimes are generally known for having more weapons, not less.
Seriously though, people living in poorly policed and remote areas may rely on owning a gun for safety. Doesn't seem right to confiscate it because they have a (non-psychotic) medical condition.
quote:
Originally posted by ericlp

Best not be registering your gun next time.

Never have, never will. I brought my weapons over in a container, so no TSA trail to follow.