Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Love Puna
I saw a dog licking a spigot at the Keaau transfer station public water gathering spot.

(No, I’m not saying which one or when)
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I'm not worried about the dogs at the Keaau spigots. It's some of the people (and their garbage) who gather there that bother me. If a dog can help it, he won't poop where he eats or drinks. Not so with some humans.
I saw a dog licking a spigot

If you call the county, I bet that's one thing they'll respond to immediately. They don't seem to think you can have enough DO NOT... signs at the water spigots.

Maybe someone at the sign department will even decide since dogs can't read they'll make it pictorial style with a red circle and slash through the silhouette of dog, spigot, and tongue. They already have giant handcuffs on one sign, presumably for the same reason, they don't think law breakers can't read either?

"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm." -James Madison, The Federalist Papers, 1787
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
since dogs can't read they'll make it pictorial style

That's not nearly expensive enough -- the spigots should be surrounded by 12' fences with barbed wire, staffed 24x7 (but not open at night, so just a guard, saving on personnel costs), and a complicated online registration system with ID cards and the ability to deny entry to people who have consumed "too much" water in the preceding month.

Can't be too careful. Which is why we'll need more studies on the best kind of fencing, what days/hours the spigots should be open, etc.
we'll need more studies on the best kind of fencing, what days/hours the spigots

Multiple studies and proposals, then a panel to make the final decision.

* Alternating days, even and odd, access based on the last number of your license plate?
* Water districts, so residents north of Paradise Drive must go to Keaau, south of Paradise to Pahoa.
"Sir, I see you live on Paradise Drive, but which side of Paradise Drive? Don't lie to me, we have ways of finding out."

"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm." -James Madison, The Federalist Papers, 1787
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
After finding people with staph infections bathing under the spigots, I've taken to pissing on them to mark my territory. When in Rome...
I've taken to pissing on them

Even in Puna, I don't think they can put up a pictorial sign for that.

"After finding people with staph infections bathing under the spigots, I've taken to pissing on them to mark my territory. When in Rome... " - - - randomq

Was it the people or the spigots you peed on? I sorta need to know.
Should build a shielding structure that only allows containers no larger than a 5 gallon jug but smaller than a pit bull, with platform for container about the 3 foot level. Let them try to take a bath in that little box that is off the ground high enough that a dog can't reach.
It is a serious health problem the way it is that is begging for a lawsuit against the county if one became ill with proof the illness came from the spigots.

Community begins with Aloha
Don't go after dark. That's been when I've seen the bathing. The truck washing happens during the daytime.