Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Federal law circumvents Hawaii's CCW process
Yes, but still exceptionally brainless.
Interesting thread here. The statement that "...When it's common knowledge that anyone that feels they need to carry a gun needs mental health counseling..", I find I cannot just let that go.

When someone says something is common knowledge, it's kind of like when Trump says "believe me".

Painting everyone in the United States with such a broad brush is always wrong. I get that Hawaii is anti-gun. And that some may ridicule anyone that doesn't go along with that mentality. There certainly ARE valid reasons for someone to have a carry permit.

So, how is anti-gun Hawaii going to handle this. I believe that it will pass. I expect Hawaii will scramble to outlaw any carry permits, as states that do not have such a thing will most likely not have to honor this reciprocity law. No big loss there, as mentioned above, you can apply, but you cannot get a carry permit.

Notice I have made no value judgement here about pros or cons of this law. But to say that anyone who thinks they have a need for a carry permit is mentally ill, is simply BS, and I will await references to uphold that point of view.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
"If this becomes reality then I am leaving this country."

It's illegal to carry a gun in Mexico. Though... their homicide rate is over 5 times as high as the US.
It's illegal to carry a gun in Mexico. Though... their homicide rate is over 5 times as high as the US.

Imagine what their homicide rate would be if guns were legal in Mexico?
Personally I wouldn't want to live in there. When I look at a list of homicide rates in countries around the world, all of the places I might consider living have extremely low gun crime rates. Like we have in Puna. I'd feel as safe in Canada or England or Germany as I would in Puna.

"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm." -James Madison, The Federalist Papers, 1787
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Imagine what their homicide rate would be if guns were legal in Mexico?
-----------
Why? Aren't most of their homicides committed with illegal guns anyway?
Why?

Because there would be more. An almost unimaginable number. Unlike Denmark. Or Puna. Places I would want to live.

"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm." -James Madison, The Federalist Papers, 1787
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
If you have to compare yourself with a country in the midst of a drug war (caused partly by the USA, I may add), then you're in trouble.
How about comparing like with like - UK, Australia, Canada? Not so rosy now.

Suddenly, independence for Hawaii doesn't sound so crazy.
Glad to hear it, I look forward to concealed carry in Hawaii, and will travel to get a permit if necessary.

I already have a mainland CCW permit, so carrying here will be a reality soon enough. Wonders never cease!
Where's the best state for me to get my concealed carry? I heard there are some states that give guns to children, the blind and the mentally ill, but I don't know which ones they are. Ah, a grand future awaits!