Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2nd Ethics Commission hearing tomorrow, Tues
Let's crowdfund a class action lawsuit against the county instead and make them pay for a statue as part of the settlement.
start crowdfunding to raise a statue in his honor...

To be placed in whichever intersection has the first roundabout heading south on Highway 130, in the middle of the circle, with the inscription, "Welcome to Puna. You can live here now, not just survive."

"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” - President Donald J. Trump
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
crowdfund a class action lawsuit against the county

Problem with that is, County will send the "trio of inspectors" around to everyone's house...
semi related: For anyone who has had the county require unreasonable demands for issuing a permit, read Dolan v. Tigard. Ms. Dolan is such a hero; She took the County planning Dept. all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court and WON!
How did it go?
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/news/loca...nst-itself

WHT headline says it best.
I was quite exhausted after the hearing due to the flu. Came home to rest.

The article itself is accurate and I thank Nancy Cook Lauer for attending the meeting.

Missing from the story is this: A main goal of mine, which I appealed to the Ethics Commission members (some of whom are new) is to have an addition made to the ethics code to require something unique and unusual of county employees...

That they be truthful.

There is nothing in the ethics code at this time which requires our county employees to tell us the truth. It will be interesting to see the forces that align against requiring a degree of truthfulness.

I came away feeling that the commission members were surprised at this lack and will support council adding truthfulness to the code.

Meanwhile I reserve my right to file a broad complaint against the commission and J. Yoshimoto. It is someplace they don't particularly want to go.

Being truthful.  What a novel concept.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Being truthful. What a novel concept.

Yes.
I always assumed truth was a major ingredient in ethics. Glad you asked them to put what should be obvious in writing Rob. Now maybe both sides of the table can work with the same expectations.

"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” - President Donald J. Trump
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Great article, and great job Rob. Thanks for not giving up like most people do.
Hero status Mr. Tucker!