Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Tennis Courts
we best choose any new use carefully so we don't attract the wrong crowd

Exactly. People should only be allowed to have 1 dog per acre, with a maximum of 4 dogs.
I don't really have anything to say. I just want to post a brainy quote under my text.

Vice President Dan Quayle in a speech to American Samoans in 1989: "You all look like happy campers to me. Happy campers you are, happy campers you have been, and, as far as I am concerned, happy campers you will always be." (And some folks thought Trump was the first idiot we had in office.)
"Bark Parks" are all the rage on the mainland, and I'm a fan. And they benefit the humans nearly as much as their dogs.

For whatever reason, dogs on a leash will often fight, but put them in a fenced facility with no leashes and with other dogs, and suddenly everyone becomes friends (but just in case, small dogs are kept in a separate area from dogs that could seriously hurt them). There is chasing, frolicking, frisbee-catching, toy-stealing, and lots and lots of butt-sniffing, all of which is quite entertaining to watch. As a side effect, their humans are put in a setting where they actually talk to each other and make some neighborly friends.

That said, the existing bark park at the Humane Society gets little use. Bark parks are kind of lame when there are only three or four dogs in the park. So, if the existing one is not being used, I'm not sure what the point is in building another one.
As someone who doesn't play tennis or have a dog I think a dog park would get more use by more people. That being said, all the proposed sports areas are team based. I think a basketball court would be the most versatile instead of tennis - individuals or teams could play and you could have up to 6 hoops in one spot.

I'd like to see one of those outdoor fitness areas like they have by diamond head and UH on Oahu. They are clever cardioid machines that use your own weight as resistance and are very rugged.
Talk about a highjacked thread... the last few posts have nothing to do with tennis.

Besides Hilo, there's a few courts between Hilo and Keaau on the Panaewa stretch across from the road that leads to the zoo. There's the Pahoa ones by the school but more accessible on weekends. There's a few in Volcano village too. Nice to play up there because it's so cool. The Keaau courts are in horrible condition. Yes I play. The UH Hilo courts are probably the best.
Before topic gets highjack all the way I have seen bunch courts in hilo call park and rec and they can tell where they are

jrw
jrw
quote:
Originally posted by ElysianWort

Talk about a highjacked thread... the last few posts have nothing to do with tennis.

Besides Hilo, there's a few courts between Hilo and Keaau on the Panaewa stretch across from the road that leads to the zoo. There's the Pahoa ones by the school but more accessible on weekends. There's a few in Volcano village too. Nice to play up there because it's so cool. The Keaau courts are in horrible condition. Yes I play. The UH Hilo courts are probably the best.

Thank you! Smile