Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll Q: OK to use loud power tools on Sunday?
Some people can only work on their house or yard on the weekends. 7am-6pm is acceptable. IMHO.
I generally reserve noisy activities for "work hours" (8-6pmish) out here. I think you have to keep in mind that many of your neighbors live in single-wall, have jalousie windows, or are simply enjoying the outdoors. Noise carries. Noisy activities include running generators!

But, since this is a Sunday, perhaps this is your solution: "Because of thine anger towards me, and thy noise -- it came up into mine ears, I have put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and have caused thee to turn back, in the way in which thou camest." -- 2 Kings 19:28
I generally don't start anything noisy until after 8am on weekdays and wait until 10am on weekends. Seems like the respectful thing to do.
I'm with Dude on this. We don't weed eat, fire off our lawn mower, and other noisy devices till 10:00 am on Saturdays and Sundays. Some people may be up late on Friday and Saturday nights. Don't want to disturb them too early.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Same - same. Weekdays the noisy tools start around 8-9am and on the weekends I wait until 10-11am. That schedule always seemed to be common courtesy to me. Besides, I'm also surrounded by vacationers who may not want their Hawaiian memories to be of me trimming my yard!